1. #1 NFL Players won't Share The Burden Of Lower Revenues 
    As with many of the football faithful, I’ve been biding my time throughout the pandemic relatively sure in my belief that the NFL would find a way to pull off the 2020 season for us, even if they had to play in front of empty stadiums or employ an abbreviated schedule with less travel. After all, we’re not talking about the pampered weenies in major league baseball or the NBA here. This is football! It’s the sport where the Monsters of the Midway make the ground quake when they stride across the field. If anyone can get this done, it’s the NFL, right?

Well, it might not be as simple as all that. And the problem isn’t the novel coronavirus, protests or social unrest. The real issue may arise from the NFL Players’ Association. The league is already anticipating massive losses in revenue if stadiums aren’t allowed to sell tickets and fill the stands. Advertisers are short on cash also, so they’re not buying as many ads. And people who are out of work and struggling to make their rent aren’t as likely to be shopping for merchandise from their favorite teams. With all that in mind, the league pitched an idea where the players could put 35 percent of their salaries for this season in escrow, just to help keep the lights on. And how did the Players’ Association respond? They literally told them to “kick rocks.”
    https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...ower-revenues/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    NO NFL would be wonderful, I could care less about the nfl and nascar and all the other pandering once were sports. More time to do other things and I don't miss any of them.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    NO NFL would be wonderful, I could care less about the nfl and nascar and all the other pandering once were sports. More time to do other things and I don't miss any of them.
    I'm a baseball and golf fan primarily. But a big sports fan in general.

The PGA Tour resumed a month ago, and other than the commercial breaks (which are mostly paying homage to BLM and the Wuhan), it has been good. But golf is a rather socially distanced sport.

Baseball comes back in two weeks, which I'm thankful for. Some goofy rules and only a 60 game season, but I won't care.

The NFL and the NBA, which I do enjoy...I really am disgusted at their bowing to the masters of woke. Hoops can piss off, the NFL and college football will be harder to kick watching. Still a ways off.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I don't think there was any doubt about the players being money-grubbing a-holes for the most part, but in a very limited defense of them, everyone tends to have their income pretty fully obligated, no matter how high, and not that many in any walk of life could really suck up a 35 percent hit. It's only the superstars that are pulling in the megabucks, and for that select few the endorsements outweigh the salary, but the rank and file players really aren't pulling down the PowerBall level money (It's big money, don't get me wrong, but when you consider how short their playing careers are, it's not nearly as impressive as it sounds).

I couldn’t care less about sports, they can all get woke. Karma is a bitch.
    It’s not a civil war until both sides show up.