Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Health" Teacher Crosses The Line. 
    Parents say classroom sex education went too far

May 28th, 2008 @ 9:11pm
    Sandra Yi reporting

A middle school health teacher is under investigation, accused of teaching too much about sex.

Parents say the teacher is saying crude and explicit things that don't belong in the classroom. Dewayne Smith says, "These are our children, and we're not going to breach the firewall of innocence."

Parents say sex education went too far inside the classroom full of 8th-graders at Fort Herriman Middle School. Suzanne Johnson told us, "She explained how the teacher talked about masturbation. Girl masturbation, boys, the wrong ways … the right ways to have sex, the wrong ways to have sex. How long to make it last. I mean, disgusting."

"What bothered me is that, not only did we get into discussions of masturbatory activity, but we got into explicit descriptions of homosexual acts," Smith said.

Parents say the teacher also showed students fliers with explicit cartoon images.

Seventh-grader Marissa Poloei had a friend in the class. She told us, "He thought it was gross and stuff, and she showed a lot of pictures of stuff."

A spokesperson for the Jordan School District would not comment on the allegations but said there is an investigation. The teacher has been put on administrative leave, but parents don't think that's enough.

Johnson says, "We want her fired. We want her never to teach ever again."

Some of the parents plan to meet with administrators at the school tomorrow. They've invited Rep. Carl Wimmer to attend.

Again, the district said it cannot comment on personnel issues. We were not able to contact the teacher for her side of the story.
    I know that our kids learn fewer actual facts and skills these days but have they become so incredibly stupid that they need to be taught how to masturbate? What's next? Intermediate Blinking And Zit Picking?

Touchy Subject

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    I know that our kids learn fewer actual facts and skills these days but have they become so incredibly stupid that they need to be taught how to masturbate? What's next? Intermediate Blinking And Zit Picking?

Touchy Subject

How do these people get jobs in our school systems. they need tough psychological testing for these teachers these days to sort out the hard core homosexuals/lesbians/trannies and all of the other social deviates hell bent on corrupting American youth .

Time was a teacher was an influence for the good and looked up to in the community but now most people see them as money hungry,sex starved deviates,liberal Waco's .

We have a constant battle with the school unions and the town school committees who are trying to exhaust the tax base and set up tax_collection directly by and for the school system.The education system is under direct control of the liberal machine and this deviate sex education is part of the liberal 'big tent' !

Forced homosexual indoctrination is becoming normal in many schools and the force of the law has been applied to any who try to take their kids out of those homosexual teaching classes.Hell in California they even have little school kids marching in San Diego gay pride day parades,NAMBLA anyone ?

BSR
    yes, but did she teach them about figging?

(google at your own risk) :D

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

How do these people get jobs in our school systems. they need tough psychological testing for these teachers these days to sort out the hard core homosexuals/lesbians/trannies and all of the other social deviates hell bent on corrupting American youth .

Time was a teacher was an influence for the good and looked up to in the community but now most people see them as money hungry,sex starved deviates,liberal Waco's .

We have a constant battle with the school unions and the town school committees who are trying to exhaust the tax base and set up tax_collection directly by and for the school system.The education system is under direct control of the liberal machine and this deviate sex education is part of the liberal 'big tent' !

Forced homosexual indoctrination is becoming normal in many schools and the force of the law has been applied to any who try to take their kids out of those homosexual teaching classes.Hell in California they even have little school kids marching in San Diego gay pride day parades,NAMBLA anyone ?
    Indeed, Meg, indeed.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post

Touchy Subject
    I wonder what kind of homework she assigned?
    Last edited by wilbur; 05-30-2008 at 02:44 PM.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Indeed, Meg, indeed.
    Occasionally I show some passion,sorry!

I wonder what the teachers DU name is? (someone had to say it) :D

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

noonwitch
    Well, beyond reassuring the youngsters that it won't make them go blind or grow hair on their palms, I don't see why it needs to be discussed in any kind of detail.

The only thing I think might have been going too far was how long to make it last.

I agree that kids don't need to be taught about masterbation, but what's the big deal? I'd rather kids masturbate than do the real thing and get pregnant.

Homosexual acts. I don't think the schools should promote the idea that homosexuality is or is not okay. However, I think people need to know what homosexual acts can lead out to an STD.

Sex education is supposed to be about teaching kids how to not get pregnant or get an STD.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

That is wrong on so many levels. First, a homosexual can be a teacher without pushing their life onto kids.

Next, all teachers are not liberal. I remember thinking that I had some teachers trying to push a conservative agenda on us. Actually, some "conservative" agenda some teachers tried to push at my school would probably offend even a lot of conservatives.

While I think PRIDE parades are tacky, I don't see kids marching in them as a sign that they're about to be taken in by NAMBLA. Like all political causes, you have parents wanting to get their kids involved in the activities. I've seen parents bring their kids to other types of marches too. Personally, I wish parents would let their kids be kids.
    Last edited by Lanie; 06-02-2008 at 08:54 PM.