Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    This kind of thing drives me bonkers. I honestly don't remember a sex ed class when I was in school. I remember the fourth grade "seminar" in the cafeteria for all the girls but that's it. I don't even know why that was considered "necessary".
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    This kind of thing drives me bonkers. I honestly don't remember a sex ed class when I was in school. I remember the fourth grade "seminar" in the cafeteria for all the girls but that's it. I don't even know why that was considered "necessary".
    We had the 4th grade seminar in the cafeteria (the boys had their own seminar). Our "health class" covered sex ed...it was all about birth control.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    That is wrong on so many levels. First, a homosexual can be a teacher without pushing their life onto kids.

Next, all teachers are not liberal. I remember thinking that I had some teachers trying to push a conservative agenda on us. Actually, some "conservative" agenda some teachers tried to push at my school would probably offend even a lot of conservatives.

While I think PRIDE parades are tacky, I don't see kids marching in them as a sign that they're about to be taken in (my) NAMBLA. Like all political causes, you have parents wanting to get their kids involved in the activities. I've seen parents bring their kids to other types of marches too. Personally, I wish parents would let their kids be kids.

Bridget a living breathing, liberal to the end .

"That is wrong on so many levels. First, a homosexual can be a teacher without pushing their life onto kids."

Well if you read the news they sure as hell are doing a good job of it in Massachusetts both the principal and director of schools are Homosexua/Lesbians and are forcing the gay issue in Lexington schools with the backing of the Mass. House Of Representatives !

"While I think PRIDE parades are tacky, I don't see kids marching in them as a sign that they're about to be taken in (my) NAMBLA. Like all political causes, you have parents wanting to get their kids involved in the activities. "

how ofter do you actually think the 'normal' people of San Diego wait in line to have their little kids march in a Homo Pride parade ?

First, I need to correct myself on something. I meant to say "by NAMBLA", not "my NAMBLA". I swear that was a typo. I actually want that group criminalized.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Bridget a living breathing, liberal to the end .

Well if you read the news they sure as hell are doing a good job of it in Massachusetts both the principal and director of schools are Homosexua/Lesbians and are forcing the gay issue in Lexington schools with the backing of the Mass. House Of Representatives !

Can you provide more info on that before I respond to it? I want to know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    how ofter do you actually think the 'normal' people of San Diego wait in line to have their little kids march in a Homo Pride parade ?
    I'm just saying what activist like parents often do. I've seen parents bring their kids to anti-war marches, pro-war rallies, and other political causes that they support. Why would a march for gay rights be different?

At least it wasn't Florida this time. Surprised it's in Utah. No wonder the parents are so upset. I don't blame them.

I used to teach and believe me, there weren't many conservatives teaching.

Goldwater
    Wish I had this teacher for my early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Wish I had this teacher for my early days.
    My teacher in grade school was a nun. I'll bet you wouldn't have wanted her! She swung a mean ruler. I never was the subject of her wrath, so I was OK. But can't say that for some of the kids. :D