Thread: I'm back!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I'm back! 
    I know I've been gone for a few months. I had a mild heart attack, and was on medical leave from work. I also got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I was in the hospital the last week of February, got a couple of stents (will get a 3rd in a couple of months). But I have pretty much recovered, have lost about 40 lbs and am thinner than I've been since college. I've knocked my A1C level down to pre-diabetic level, so I'm making progress on that front, too. I'm on 5 different medications and none of them are fun meds. Blood thinners, cholesterol-reducers, blood pressure meds.

I actually tried logging in on my iPhone but the screen is too small to see this site and I am not that tech savvy and was unable to enlarge it.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Great to have you back!

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

You were missed. Happy to see you back and hope you are now healthy again.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

You were definitely missed! I was wondering why you had vanished? I hope you are in the the best of health!
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

Welcome back. You left a void here. I hope your recovery is swift and flawless.
    Abbott & Costello Meet The Tingler

Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Hope your health improves. Welcome back.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Wish the best for you and a 100 percent recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I know I've been gone for a few months. I had a mild heart attack, and was on medical leave from work. I also got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I was in the hospital the last week of February, got a couple of stents (will get a 3rd in a couple of months). But I have pretty much recovered, have lost about 40 lbs and am thinner than I've been since college. I've knocked my A1C level down to pre-diabetic level, so I'm making progress on that front, too. I'm on 5 different medications and none of them are fun meds. Blood thinners, cholesterol-reducers, blood pressure meds.

I actually tried logging in on my iPhone but the screen is too small to see this site and I am not that tech savvy and was unable to enlarge it.
    Glad to have you back!!! Must've been fun working in that cardiac care around the shutdown stuff. You'll find the blood thinner (anti-platelet rather than something like Coumadin?) rather annoying, bruising easily, scratches and minor cut being messier, BTDTGTTS. Sounds like if you've made the lifestyle changes to keep the weight off you'll have the Type 2 licked. If you're on a diuretic, have your doctor keep an eye on your uric acid level in blood tests - gout is NOT FUN. Once you get the third stent your activity level should be pretty much unrestricted, whatever your endurance can bear. Why not find some lightly used park trails and train up for a turkey trot 5K or 10K (Whitmer permitting, of course)?

Again, glad you're back! Be strange, just not a stranger.
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Welcome back, Noonie!

Sorry to hear about your issues and always hope the best for you. Please continued good wishes!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender