Thread: Transgendered model Patricia Araujo to close Rio’s fashion week

1. #1 Transgendered model Patricia Araujo to close Rio’s fashion week 
    Transgendered model Patricia Araujo to close Rio’s fashion week

By Herald wire services
    Monday, January 19, 2009 - Updated 1d 4h ago

Patricia Araujo, a transgender model, was selected to close Rio De Janeiro’s fashion week. She hit the runway for the brand Complexo B on Friday, Perezhilton.com reports. A designer for the line, Beto Neves, said he invited Araujo to amaze the public. “In fashion, the cool thing is to surprise,” the fashionista said. After the show, the model told reporters she enjoys the buzz. “I love to be mobbed by the press. I’ve always dreamed of being famous.”
    What's interesting about this development is what it may mean for women down the road. Straight men generally have no interest in fashion and gay men much prefer a feminized male frame for fashion design purposes. Since fashion is currently dominated by gay men, opening the door for male-to-female models will just add to the disconnect women already experience in clothing design.

There is already a big problem for most women in clothing choices. Much of it is designed with a decidedly gay male attitude. It's "Woman As Urban Decor" rather than female-friendly. Little high fashion is designed to flatter female bodies and a lot of it deliberately campy and stereotypical in a demeaning way. Ready-to-wear isn't very female-friendly either. Since RTW has to take into account some amount of functionality, designers have largely just ignored it. Working wear is mostly just a stripped down and juvenile-looking version of menswear while the rest of it is hypersexual.

I can almost see a day in which living genetic women are completely removed from the fashion design equation and boys and surgical "women" replace them. Why not? If they can compete in women's Olympic events, why not on the catwalk and the design floor?

Boston herald

You know what I always found interesting? Gay men are designing the clothes that make you women look so damn good in the first place. How messed up is that? :p
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Patent Member
    Patricia Araujo, a transgender model, was selected to close Rio De Janeiro’s fashion week. Hehit the runway for the brand Complexo B on Friday, Perezhilton.com reports. A designer for the line, Beto Neves, said he invited Araujo to amaze the public. “In fashion, the cool thing is to surprise,” the fashionista said. After the show, the model told reporters he enjoys the buzz. “I love to be mobbed by the press. I’ve always dreamed of being female.”
    Fixed.

Men who want to be women and undergo drastic surgical mutilation to look the part are decidedly sick in the head.

At least trannies don't chop off parts of themselves to fulfill a fantasy.