1. #1 Nurse removes IUD contraceptive against patient's wishes: says she doesnt like them 
    Banned
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...ctured_Her.htm

Woman Says Anti-Abortion Nurse Removed IUD Without Permission, Then Lectured Her

ALBUQUERQUE (CN) - A clinic nurse first removed her intrauterine birth-control device without permission, says the patient in a federal action, then told her that "having the IUD come out was a good thing," because "I personally do not like IUDs. I feel they are a type of abortion. I don't know how you feel about abortion, but I am against them."
    The patient sued Presbyterian Health Services Rio Rancho Family Health Center and nurse practitioner Sylvia Olona in Federal Court.
    The plaintiff says she went to Rio Rancho to have the strings on her IUD shortened.
    The complaint states: "As soon as Defendant Olona began speaking to (the plaintiff), she questioned her about her choice of contraception.

"Defendant Olona stated, 'Everyone in the office always laughs and tells me I pull these out on purpose because I am against them, but it's not true, they accidentally come out when I tug.'

The plaintiff demands damages for battery, constitutional violations and negligence. She is represented by Ryan Villa with the Law Office of Robert Cooper.
    So this lady seems to have a pattern of "accidentally" yanking out IUD's, against patients wishes, if this story is accurate. Disgusting. Not to mention she apparrently doesnt understand that a IUD's method of birth control generallly PREVENTS conception. What I find alarming about this is the quote that suggests her workers simply laugh about the possibility of her commiting assault.

Lets hope that today's "conscience clause" mentality does embolden ladies like this nurse, or encurauge this sort of thing.
    Last edited by wilbur; 01-20-2009 at 12:21 PM.

I don't know who would defend this kind of action. While there may be some good reasons why most women should avoid IUDs, I would assume that woman spoke with her doctor and that she made an informed choice. IUDs don't cause miscarriages as far as I know.

The nurse was wrong to inform the patient of her own views when they weren't solicited. If she really is yanking out IUDs, she needs to be reprimanded and reeducated about boundary issues or she needs to be transfered to a work environment where reproductive matters aren't a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't know who would defend this kind of action. While there may be some good reasons why most women should avoid IUDs, I would assume that woman spoke with her doctor and that she made an informed choice. IUDs don't cause miscarriages as far as I know.

The nurse was wrong to inform the patient of her own views when they weren't solicited. If she really is yanking out IUDs, she needs to be reprimanded and reeducated about boundary issues or she needs to be transfered to a work environment where reproductive matters aren't a factor.

IUDs prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the wall of the uterus. They don't cause a miscarriage, but they are considered an abortion method by any who believe that life begins when the egg is fertilized.

I don't know if the technology has improved, but I knew a girl at college who had one of the old-fashioned, Copper 7 versions. It perforated her uterus-she had been pregnant in the past, doctors don't like to use them on anyone who hasn't ever been pregnant. Perforation was a fairly common side effect.

The nurse was wrong, even though there are good reasons to reconsider using an IUD.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    IUDs prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the wall of the uterus. They don't cause a miscarriage, but they are considered an abortion method by any who believe that life begins when the egg is fertilized.
    IUDs kill both sperm and eggs. I'm aware of the controversy but I think the actual mechanics of the contraceptive action of IUDs is pretty well understood. I'm pro-life and I don't see this as an issue.

There are a lot of reasons to avoid IUDs but this isn't one of them in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    IUDs kill both sperm and eggs. I'm aware of the controversy but I think the actual mechanics of the contraceptive action of IUDs is pretty well understood. I'm pro-life and I don't see this as an issue.

There are a lot of reasons to avoid IUDs but this isn't one of them in my opinion.
    Hormonal IUDs kill both sperm and eggs. Inert IUDs stop implantation.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

6. #6 this is crazy 
    This woman is wacky. Totally unethical and illegal to do what she did. Holy cow...I'd be sooo scared to go to the GYNO or the hospital if they all worked like that. Crazy. Thank goodness I don't have one of those inserts....snip snip to the hubby. ha ha. Makes you wonder if you should always have some type of video done on every surgery or visit. Would that break HIPPO laws??

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...ctured_Her.htm

So this lady seems to have a pattern of "accidentally" yanking out IUD's, against patients wishes, if this story is accurate. Disgusting. Not to mention she apparrently doesnt understand that a IUD's method of birth control generallly PREVENTS conception. What I find alarming about this is the quote that suggests her workers simply laugh about the possibility of her commiting assault.

Lets hope that today's "conscience clause" mentality does embolden ladies like this nurse, or encurauge this sort of thing.