Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    We've known for quite some time that now-President Obama lacks basic vocabulary and mathematical skills. The fact that he can't even follow simple instructions is something new.
    Before his 4 years are up, this dunce is going to make Bush look like a genius in the IQ department. Saturday night live, comedians and talk shows are going to have a field day with this turkey.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    724
    The lawn jockey is a f'ing moron.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals




    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23 seriously?? 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    20
    They were both virgins to the event. Give them a break....totally human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You are wrong. Watch the video and read what should have been said you tool.

    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    The lawn jockey is a f'ing moron.
    Lawn Jockey?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Mythic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
    You are right, that is what Obama should have said. But he didnt say that.
    Even after Obama waited knowing that it sounded wrong, he said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    That I will execute the office of the president of the United States faithfully..
    But the other guy messed up and probably threw a nervous Obama off a little so its fine. And Obama was smart enough to stop and realize it was said wrong. I don't like Obama but I am not going to jump at this and say how dumb he is because of it.

    However, he didn't recite the oath of office correctly...what does that mean? o_O
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

    Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post

    However, he didn't recite the oath of office correctly...what does that mean? o_O
    It means that the tinfoil hat club will have a second reason to claim he cannot really be president. Way to go Barry. I think you did it on purpose :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Well today might be one of the greatest days in President Obama's life, maybe he was just a little nervous?

    He is human, and is entitled to make mistakes.
    I don't doubt that he was as nervous as any man alive. And I agree he is entitled to make a mistake. My only argument was that the Oath of Office is extremely significant and it shouldn't be discounted. A person is elected during the election process, and elected by the Electoral College but still are only referred to as President-Elect until those 40 or so words are spoken in front of the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS. Only then are they President Whomever. It strikes me that we as a nation consider that oath as pretty damn important.

    Again, I personally don't think a "busy week" is a legitimate reason no matter if it is a Democrat or Republican standing in front of Roberts. This wasn't an excuse to slap Obama.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    I saw it...Roberts did flub it and so did Obama. Both of them highly tense and in public with millions watching.,.stage fright.

    He did fine and perfectly human..Obama did okay, and Biden did very nicely.He took the oath properly, and I use my tinfoil to cook turkeys with.

    So yeah....no biggie. I'd be TERRIFIED....

    Congratulations.....PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA and VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.

    To a certain CU poster..I keep my word.:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I saw it...Roberts did flub it and so did Obama. Both of them highly tense and in public with millions watching.,.stage fright.

    He did fine and perfectly human..Obama did okay, and Biden did very nicely.He took the oath properly, and I use my tinfoil to cook turkeys with.

    So yeah....no biggie. I'd be TERRIFIED....

    Congratulations.....PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA and VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.

    To a certain CU poster..I keep my word.:)
    Well said.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member cat714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TAXifornia
    Posts
    650
    I don't see this as a big deal either, but if Bush did the same thing...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •