Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    There have been fireworks factories that have blown up and not left a crater like that. Even remotely like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fireworks storage facilities blowing up are spectacular to see but don't put out a shock wave like this one did.

I was attending a fireworks safety training at San Diego a few years back and the subject of the explosive power of the fireworks came up. The owner of the fireworks company said you could float a barge loaded full of fireworks next to the USS Midway, set it off and the only damage done to the carrier would be scorched paint. He said float the same barge full of ANFO next the carrier and set it off and it would be sitting on the bottom of the bay in about 5 minutes.

Fireworks do not detonate when ignited, they deflagrate. Items that deflagrate burn slower than the speed of sound while items that detonate burn at supersonic speeds and put out powerful shockwaves that are harmful to people standing far away.

Last night I saw a video on FB of the explosion from a balcony that was over a half mile from the blast. The person who posted the video said that the person who made the video tape was killed in the blast wave that came from the explosion.

Back in my Disneyland days, I had a 5" shell go off about 8 feet from me. I felt a wave of intense heat pass me but wasn't thrown off balance or any worse for the wear except for a minor flash burn on my legs ( I was wearing shorts at the time).
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Yeah, it became a cliche in 30's westerns & serials when the 'hero' survived a dynamite-blast by diving close to it. Regular explosions involving buildings & machinery... No. A single stick of dynamite? Yes... with some obligatory explanation in the script.
    " I doan care about the NFL sshtrugggling... "

Satisfying to see violent protests directed specifically at Hezbollah today.

Obviously the 'citizens on the street' know who the ammonium-nitrate stockpile belonged to... and are reacting to it.
    " I doan care about the NFL sshtrugggling... "