Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Massive Explosion in Beirut 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    BEIRUT BLAST:
    - Explosions, Shockwave Felt For Miles
    - Governor Compares Event To Hiroshima & Nagasaki
    - Hospitals Overwhelmed
    - Number of Dead Unknown

A large explosion rocked Lebanonís capital Beirut Tuesday afternoon, causing widespread panic and extensive damage to the surrounding area.

According to witnesses, the blast hit at the cityís port. There was no immediate word on a possible number of casualties.

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/st...ital-beirut%2F

Israel has come out stating they have had nothing to do with what happened.

One thing comes to mind reading what happened. This sounds very much to me like what happened in Port Chicago Ca. during WW2 when a ship loaded with ammunition exploded while being loaded. Just a guess mind you but sure sounds similar to me.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    One thing comes to mind reading what happened. This sounds very much to me like what happened in Port Chicago Ca. during WW2 when a ship loaded with ammunition exploded while being loaded. Just a guess mind you but sure sounds similar to me.
    The biggest pre-nuclear explosion happened in Halifax Canada during WWI. Here is a link to a story about it

Now the question is, if it wasn't fuel or something what would Beirut have in their port explosive enough to cause something like this?
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The biggest pre-nuclear explosion happened in Halifax Canada during WWI. Here is a link to a story about it

Now the question is, if it wasn't fuel or something what would Beirut have in their port explosive enough to cause something like this?
    I read through the messages at the Twitter link. Someone posted that the Heath Minister reportedly said it was fireworks that exploded. With none of the fireballs you usually see in a ground based detonation it sure didn't look like fireworks to me.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

https://justthenews.com/world/large-...yewitness-says

The afternoon blast shook several parts of the Lebanon capital, where residents reported buildings being leveled, or windows being blown out and roofs collapsing. One resident of Lebanon told Just the News he felt the shaking at his home more than 10 miles away from Beirut. Others reported feeling the blast across the Mediterranean Sea in Cyprus.
    Fireworks? I don't think so. Possibly a huge shipment of ordnance. Israel? Turkey? Saudi Arabia?

Where the ship was from will narrow down the possibilities.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ďThere are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.Ē Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

It looks like special effects from a movie.

I'm guessing it's munitions of one sort or another.

With the spinning of stories I suspect it was probably something they weren't suppose to have.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

"Humanitarian" supplies...

and no, those are not fireworks
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Something was already burning big and likely set off the explosion as shown in the Guardian clips.

But I have been unable to see any flames of a size in any film or vid after to indicate hydrocarbons of any kind. The Texas City fire burned for quite some time with sky high flames back in Ď47.

Certainly explosives of some sort. I suppose ammonium nitrate is possible but why a boat load would be there is another question.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Another video of the aftermath of the explosion....

https://youtu.be/dwWIonkRB2Y