1. #1 Inauguration, cold. Coincidence? 
    So 2 cold fronts went through: one last night, one this morning. The temp has held steady all day: low 50s (54 at the moment)....making today the coldest so far this season. In the morning, it is supposed to get down to 27...if it does, the coldest in five years (coldest last year was 28, though). I'm just thinking about the coincidence of all this. Anyone else have any coincidences?
    Last edited by AHeneen; 01-20-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Power CUer
    Where was it in the fifties? Certainly not here in the DC area. January is usually cold here. "Coincidence?" More a matter of looking at the calendar.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

WTF??50's cold?? It's January...
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

I'm talking about here in FL. Yes, it's winter, but here it's the coldest so far and looks to be the coldest low in 5 years. That's the coincidence I'm talking about.

By the way, a Fox reporter noted that earlier in the afternoon it was sunny and almost 30 and that now as the parade started, it turned colder, cloudy, and blustery and estimates the wind chill at 15.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    WTF??50's cold??
    I'm talking about the high. For me, 50 isn't "cold" just "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    I'm talking about the high. For me, 50 isn't "cold" just "cool".
    Well we're havin a heat wave..It's 21 with a wc of 14
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...