Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 No martial law was declared. No last minute nuking of Iran. No last minute self-pardo 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Smith_3 (1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 01:18 PM
    Original message
    Ok. No martial law was declared. No last minute nuking of Iran. No last minute self-pardons.

Looks like we were a bit overly hysteric
    barbtries(1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 01:21 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. looks like

we can go ahead and prosecute? i hope.

i had my doubts over the years. but maybe we were hysterical, and maybe if we hadn't said anything, all those terrible things would have come to pass. i still think the bushies were intent on turning a democracy into a fascist dictatorship.
    Yes, all your idiotic rants kept ChimpyMcBushHitler from declaring "marshall" law and invading Iran.

AsahinaKimi (302 posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 01:27 PM
    9. You forgot one...

BUSH declaring himself President for Life..
    *phew*
    NeedleCast (1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 01:39 PM
    Original message
    You'd think the tin foilers would get one right occasionally

Nope.
    bertman (1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 04:48 PM
    24. I'm going to go out on a skinny limb and say that we tin-foilers are probably right

that a deal has been struck to forego any serious criminal investigations of BushCo, and probably any prosecutions--except of little fish.
    Warpy(1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 01:52 PM
    15. This pResidency was so awful

that all were well within probability.

If the economy had still hung together, who knows what would have happened?

The economy failed and support for Stupid failed with it.
    lame54 (1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 04:31 PM
    20. Calling them out on it...

prevented it
    It must hurt to be this stupid.

Zywiec (1000+ posts)
    Tue Jan-20-09 04:33 PM
    22. Don't forget the draft and the cancellation of the election

My favorite DU saying regarding the impending martial law was:

See you at the barricades!

What a bunch of tards.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by bflavin View Post
    What a bunch of tards.
    you haven't seen nothin yet. :D

igil (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jan-20-09 04:29 PM
    19. Of course.

But having proved from first principles that these things were inevitable and yet forced to admit they did not come to pass, you'd think it would cause the various prophets to examine their logic or premises.

They won't, at least not seriously; instead they will multiply entities and complicate their arguments beyond necessity to preserve both their original premises and logic. Then they will announce that they're experts at critical thinking and pro-scientific method.

:tinfoilhat:
    bertman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jan-20-09 04:59 PM
    Response to Reply #19
    27. Not I, igil. I was WRONG. They did not start a false-flag insurrection so they could Updated at 11:56 AM

declare martial law like I thought they would.

I attribute that to those who control our government being so secure in their ability to keep and maintain their control that they can do it without a Bush/Cheney cabal. They were able to do so much to secure their power in the last eight years that they don't fear anything that We the People could do to them.

Even if President Obama became a flaming liberal overnight and tried to implement systemic changes, there are so many impediments in his way (Reid, Pelosi, the Supremes, the DLC, the media) that it would be impossible.

Our new President will only be able to go as far as the powers behind the scenes allow him to go.

I'll be right back. I have to go out and buy some more tinfoil.
    nc4bo Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jan-20-09 04:56 PM
    26. No but I think gwb got a hold of a thread from the stock market today. It was seen

hanging out the door of the helicopter, then on the tarmac and onto the airplane.

Stockmarket unraveled today.

Thanks georgie. Last "mission accomplished".
    This is just stupid. Maybe it's satire?

This is just funny.

mod mom Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jan-20-09 07:21 PM
    Original message
    Somebody pls tell Pat Buchanan that today's market drop is an indictment of corporate leadership NOT

Advertisements [?]
    President Obama's policies!

Pat went off on Hardball that the market is not optimistic of what they are hearing from the Obama Team.

I believe it's an indictment of how little trust everyone has in those who are running corporations. I feel the TARP $ was not utilized as intended, but instead shift to benefit a few at the top before the s!$# hits the fan. I would be afraid to throw $ in the stock market when it seems the corporate elite are ditching their companies while grabbing as much as they can for themselves.

Fuck you Pat!
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4874471

That thread just proves that we should've opened up the camps.

These are some deeply paranoid DUmmies. The funny thing is, they aren't afraid of the people in the world who state, publicly and without hesitation, that they will see us dead (Iran, Al Qaeda, North Korea, etc.), but the people that we elected to protect them are the subjects of their vitriole and fear. In the words of Bugs Bunny, "Wotta maroon!"
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

All the paranoid delusions were just that .... delusions.

And the Moonbats are being forced to face that.

Ain't it sweet :D:D:D

UP THE REBELS!!!
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    That thread just proves that we should've opened up the camps.

Shhhhhhhsh!!! We did...they were right about that one.:p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Using the DUmmies logic (humor me), when the economy really starts to tank and the unemployment rates, inflation rates, and interest rates approach Carter levels, does this mean that BHO (blessings upon him) LIHOP or MIHOP?:D