Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Conservative "Don'ts" Rules 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    The only thing worse than bad winners are sore losers, and we’ve had enough of them for the past eight years. So with that in mind, in the wake of today’s historic inauguration, here’s my Handbook For The Loyal Opposition, 2009 edition - a “To Don’t List,” if you will. Or even if you won’t.

DON’T question the motives - question the policy. When you disagree with Obama’s policies, say so, and make it clear why. But remember that President Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the country, as President Bush did. Both men love America and want what’s best for her. End of story.

DON’T make it personal. We don’t need another Derangement Syndrome. We don’t need people doing things like emphasizing Obama’s middle name in a derogatory fashion. How anyone would think that’s beneficial to their cause, or to the country as a whole, is beyond me. Also, it’s not even clever. Neither are smushwords like BusHitler, or sillywords like Rethuglicans and Dhimmicrats.

DON’T cozy up to and champion foreign dictators and despots. Sean Penn is an ass. No reason to be like him. ‘Nuff said. (Corollary: Don’t cozy up to and champion foreign dictators and despots and then act outraged when people question your patriotism.)

DON’T pretend you’re being brave when you criticize your government. Not while people in other countries actually, y’know, DIE, when they do that.

DON’T use the word “divisive.” At this point, all that word means is “You disagree with me,” and the English language gets mangled enough these days.

DON’T use the phrase “speaking truth to power.” EVER.

DON’T move to Canada.

DON’T say you’re going to move to Canada and then stay here. (I know it’s too late for Stephen Baldwin, but not for the rest of you.)

DON’T apologize to foreigners and say things to them like, “I didn’t vote for Obama,” or “He’s not MY president.”

DON’T say or do everything in your power to drive this country apart and then claim you want unity when it’s your guy in power. This is like the convicted felon who conveniently finds God when he’s up for parole.

DON’T call people un-American one week, and then talk about how “We are not blue states or red states, we are the United States” the next. (This rule may only apply to Tom Hanks, but I put it in just to be safe.)

DON’T automatically think people who disagree with you are stupid or evil. Some of them are, of course. But most of them aren’t, and you might actually learn something if you listen to them.

And finally, DON’T use the fact that many on the left behaved abominably for the past eight years as an excuse to behave the same way. America needs adults. And if it bothered you when they did it, it’s a good sign that you shouldn’t do it.
    I think I broke about half of them already. :D
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I've been calling him "Mr. Obama" like Olbermann did to President Bush for the past 8 years. Is that okay?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Power CUer
    Certainly it is. You know what a stickler for etiquette I am, and that is fine.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Certainly it is. You know what a stickler for etiquette I am, and that is fine.
    An Imprimatur from old mother numbers, O such joy !

The new CU rules of Etiquette
    Proper Correspondence Etiquette

Greetings Little ones,

I want to speak today about the correct procedure of properly addressing Mistress when emailing her. It is imperative that you show an understanding of your proper place if you hope to gain a Mistress's attention.

Humility, sarcasm, narcissism, arrogance, and all other forms of disrespectful communications will not be tolerated.

Most Dommes enjoy filtering their mail. If you are rude, if your correspondence lacks the appropriate tone, if you fail to follow appropriate rules of etiquette and respect, a Mistress will not hesitate in consigning you mail to the trash. Such correspondence does not deserve a reply

Yelling.
    I consider communications written in capital letters (SUCH AS THIS) to be "yelling", and I will automatically delete such mail

Me Me Me Me
    Messages that contain more "I's" than any other word are just in poor taste for a sissy. I call this the "me me me" letter. Humility is a very important part of your training, you must remember that not everything is about you..

Composition, Grammar & Who's Who
    Address those messages!
    Spell check those messages!
    Sign your messages!
    Tell me who you are!

Little ones, if you want to correspond with a Mistress, show her that you are a whole person, that you have thoughts and ideas and are not just a needy little no-one who will only seek to drain her dry. Giving of self is an important part of any correspondence. Let your communications be positive and up lifting, not demanding and needy.

Before sending an email, ask yourself this question.
    'How will this communication benefit Mistress?"

Be honest.

If the answer is, 'It will not", then why are you sending it?
    Just a thought.

Mistress Strict the spelling Nazi .

Power CUer
    Megi, let's leave your sexual kinks out of this. How you address your Domme is your business.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    An Imprimatur from old mother numbers, O such joy !

The new CU rules of Etiquette
    Proper Correspondence Etiquette

Greetings Little ones,

I want to speak today about the correct procedure of properly addressing Mistress when emailing her. It is imperative that you show an understanding of your proper place if you hope to gain a Mistress's attention.

Humility, sarcasm, narcissism, arrogance, and all other forms of disrespectful communications will not be tolerated.

Most Dommes enjoy filtering their mail. If you are rude, if your correspondence lacks the appropriate tone, if you fail to follow appropriate rules of etiquette and respect, a Mistress will not hesitate in consigning you mail to the trash. Such correspondence does not deserve a reply

Yelling.
    I consider communications written in capital letters (SUCH AS THIS) to be "yelling", and I will automatically delete such mail

Me Me Me Me
    Messages that contain more "I's" than any other word are just in poor taste for a sissy. I call this the "me me me" letter. Humility is a very important part of your training, you must remember that not everything is about you..

Composition, Grammar & Who's Who
    Address those messages!
    Spell check those messages!
    Sign your messages!
    Tell me who you are!

Little ones, if you want to correspond with a Mistress, show her that you are a whole person, that you have thoughts and ideas and are not just a needy little no-one who will only seek to drain her dry. Giving of self is an important part of any correspondence. Let your communications be positive and up lifting, not demanding and needy.

Before sending an email, ask yourself this question.
    'How will this communication benefit Mistress?"

Be honest.

If the answer is, 'It will not", then why are you sending it?
    Just a thought.

Mistress Strict the spelling Nazi .
    Spot on lol :D

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Megi, let's leave your sexual kinks out of this. How you address your Domme is your business.
    How anybody addresses any of their sexual interests certainly isn't GD business. Unless they have pics. :D

Back on topic: I actually think these rules are pretty sound. Some of us never left off behaving like adults and it would be a refreshing change of pace if more of us (i.e., all Americans) took it up as a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    How anybody addresses any of their sexual interests certainly isn't GD business. Unless they have pics. :D

Back on topic: I actually think these rules are pretty sound. Some of us never left off behaving like adults and it would be a refreshing change of pace if more of us (i.e., all Americans) took it up as a hobby.
    So if I post pics, it would be acceptable?? <evil grin>

Back on-topic: I agree with the standards, although... it will make trolling by the DUers very boring for them. :D
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBlue View Post
    So if I post pics, it would be acceptable?? <evil grin>

Back on-topic: I agree with the standards, although... it will make trolling by the DUers very boring for them. :D
    Not your pics, MstrBlue. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Not your pics, MstrBlue. :p
    Sigh...
    First, nobody but the CU bot remembers my birthday...
    And now I cannot post "supportive" pics...
    <insert sarcastic sniffling here>

I understand completely, of course!
    And I yield to your restrictions, dearest and mostest evil one: Gingersnap!
    (no sarcasm)

Blessed Be!
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade