Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Warren, Schumer introduce plan for next president to cancel $50,000 in student debt 
    Democrats are out to buy people's votes.

link

JonLP24 (26,334 posts)

Warren, Schumer introduce plan for next president to cancel $50,000 in student debt

Progressive Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) introduced a plan Thursday calling for the next president of the United States to cancel up to $50,000 in debt for student loan borrowers in 2021.

"Broadly canceling student loan debt will improve the lives of tens of millions of Americans, give a boost to our economy during this pandemic and beyond and even help close the racial wealth gap," Warren said in a conference call with reporters.

"Our resolution outlines a bold plan for the president to use existing authority under law to cancel up to $50,000 in student loan debt for all borrowers with federal loans," she said.

Warren argued that student debt disproportionately burdens Black and Latino students, especially women of color. She pointed out that Black borrowers often owe more on student debt 12 years after graduating than they originally borrowed.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...in-student?amp

12 years after graduating my student loans were PAID OFF, because I actually paid them instead of blowing them off. If they owe more than when they graduated it's because they didn't pay anything on them.

If this is true, in the real world black kids should be more likely to be denied credit because they are a poor credit risk. In Democrat world it's an excuse to buy their vote, treat them like infants who are entitled to act like irresponsible shit stains then and force those who take RESPONSIBILITY for their actions and finances to pay for the losers.

demtenjeep (28,054 posts)

2. everyone?

we still owe 40 grand after 25 years...but that is 2 bachelor's and 2 master's
    bucolic_frolic (19,702 posts)

3. They're motivating millennials to vote

but non-educated folks will call it elitism to help only the educated. I'd say they have a point.
    They're BUYING votes. VOTE FOR US AND WE'LL GIVE YOU $25,000.

shanti (20,966 posts)

8. If you were doing well enough to pay

your loans faster, then good for you. But don't deny this relief for people who aren't as lucky. Trump could've done this too, but he didn't.
    Native (3,507 posts)

16. It's a shame it's only federal student loans.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

Who's paying for it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    demtenjeep (28,054 posts)

2. everyone?

we still owe 40 grand after 25 years...but that is 2 bachelor's and 2 master's
    Hmm, so says a person who also bragged all over the DUmp for her and hubby's extravagant cruises and designer handbags.

Your own fault for not having priorities, Pam. (That demented loon is from Wichita and has a LONG history documented here under her former screen name)
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Here are people who go out and get useless , feel good degrees that don't mean a damn thing out in the real world.

Then get stuck with tens, or hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of debt and expect other people who work for a living to pay it off for them.

I had to go out and pay mine off.

Unless of course you can find someone who needs a person with a degree in East Asian Bisexual Dance Theory ... but don't hold your breath.

If you want to know the truth, many of these Losers are sitting in their Parent's basement; sucking on a bong and playing video games all day saying they're " TOO GOOD " to work for a living just like everyone else. The only difference between them and all the other Losers who dropped out of High School is they wasted someone else's money and four years of their lives and got nothing to show for it.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I paid back for a decade.

But, for some reason, I worked and scrimped while I was at school.

I didn't live in a swank dorm and eat sushi.

And for some other reason, I wrangled a job afterwards. Still not sure how that works.

I don't remember whining about any of it.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I don't think this would pass a smell test in the courts, it cannot be forced on American taxpayers, our taxes are for constitutionally legal expenditures and not something some political hack decides they can force us to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Here are people who go out and get useless , feel good degrees that don't mean a damn thing out in the real world.

Then get stuck with tens, or hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of debt and expect other people who work for a living to pay it off for them.

I had to go out and pay mine off.

Unless of course you can find someone who needs a person with a degree in East Asian Bisexual Dance Theory ... but don't hold your breath.

If you want to know the truth, many of these Losers are sitting in their Parent's basement; sucking on a bong and playing video games all day saying they're " TOO GOOD " to work for a living just like everyone else. The only difference between them and all the other Losers who dropped out of High School is they wasted someone else's money and four years of their lives and got nothing to show for it.
    Donít forget under water basket weaving. My lord, the missed opportunities during the last 30 years if I had just played my cards right. Lol!
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

Native (3,507 posts)

16. It's a shame it's only federal student loans.
    Yeah. Too fucking bad you can't sit on your fat lazy ass all day while the taxpayers foot the bill for all your expenses, you worthless fucking leech.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    I don't think this would pass a smell test in the courts, it cannot be forced on American taxpayers, our taxes are for constitutionally legal expenditures and not something some political hack decides they can force us to pay.
    I've said before, how about reparations for those of us that paid for our college?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

My wife and I owe a buttload of student loans. It's messing up our credit, making getting vehicles hard and buying a house almost impossible.

But here's the difference between us and the DUmp. We admit it's our own fault. We made many choices over the years, not all of them bad ones, that put us in our current situation. We are getting closer to a place where the deferments will stop and payments will begin. But until then, we get to lay in the bed we made. Bribery won't buy these votes, cause we both know that payoff has to come from somewhere, and we want to fulfill our responsibilities.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.