Thread: SCOTUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 SCOTUS 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I think it's safe to say that this topic will now be the only real topic being discussed from here on out for the elections.

With all that being said. For those who think or hope that President Trump will quickly replace her. Lets let reality set in.

On July 9th President Trump nominated Kavanaugh to the Courts.

It wasn't until September 4th the Senate took up the process of confirming him. A full 2 months later.

That process in the Senate took till October 6th to Confirm him using the Nuclear option.

From start to finish, 4 months.

To be frank, it's mid September now. All likelihoodwith a Christmas break looming, it won't likely be completed till maybe March of next year at the soonest.

And to be more honest, I don't think we have the votes to ram it through any sooner. We need 50 Plus the Vp

Romney will be a No.
    Susan Collins has already said No
    Lisa Murkowski has already said No

That right there means it's now the VP, you lose one of the 8 Senators trying to keep their seats who are at risk, it's done.

What’s sad to me is that seats on the Supreme Court are politically partisan at all. That is not the way things are supposed to be. Rules of the road I guess.
    It’s not a civil war until both sides show up.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    What’s sad to me is that seats on the Supreme Court are politically partisan at all. That is not the way things are supposed to be. Rules of the road I guess.
    Absolutely correct.

My favorite overnight hosts on Redeye Radio (Eric Harley & Gary McNamara) have been saying for a while that this is now "scorched earth" time. No holds barred, any bull crap accusations and political theater is not just allowed, but expected. On both sides.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Absolutely correct.

My favorite overnight hosts on Redeye Radio (Eric Harley & Gary McNamara) have been saying for a while that this is now "scorched earth" time. No holds barred, any bull crap accusations and political theater is not just allowed, but expected. On both sides.
    To which I will say. I hope for who ever President Trump puts forward makes it damn hard for the left to attack.

Sorry to say, got to take one out of the left's playbook here on Identity politics.

Preferably a Woman POC.

Any one else, the rape, sexual assault charges will be first lobbed along with accusations of racism in their past.

Sorry, but I’m just going to tell the truth. As a whole, the Republicans are a bunch of weenies who don’t fight back, and have no idea of the level of gutter trash they’re dealing with. Or are they all on the same team?
    It’s not a civil war until both sides show up.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Sorry, but I’m just going to tell the truth. As a whole, the Republicans are a bunch of weenies who don’t fight back, and have no idea of the level of gutter trash they’re dealing with. Or are they all on the same team?

Exactly !

I was wondering who'd ask it first. besides concerned patriots...

Where's Biden's list of SCOTUS-nominees... ?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...a-scotus-list/

It is a flat-out lie for Biden to claim that Trump only asked him to release his list after Ginsburg died. The Trump campaign has been doing so for months. Earlier this month, for example, Trump said: “Joe Biden has refused to release his list, perhaps because he knows the names are so extremely far left that they could never withstand public scrutiny or receive acceptance.”

It'll be a list of dunces and radicals, without a doubt.
    To stop a war, or to start one. Whichever pays more.

BREAKING: @LindseyGrahamSC: "We've got the votes to confirm Justice Ginsburg's replacement before the election. That's what's coming.
    I will say, I'm very surprised by this. But then again, Rush did mention something I didn't take into account.

Should Susan Collins & Lisa Murkowski both vote Present instead of No, then you only need a threshold of 48 yes votes instead of 50.

But just because they have enough votes, that still doesn't mean it's done before Nov. 3rd. The left will smear anyone put forward. As well as have fake accusations ready. And Pelosi has hinted at ether Impeaching President Trump again, as well as AG Barr to hold up the process. An impeachment would mean a full halt to any Senate actions before the Impeachments were solved.

Does The Turtle have the votes?

Senator Grassley is wavering, he's not up for re-election until 2022. However the Republican voters of Iowa will not look kindly if his vote screws things up. Sort of a purple state, Trump won in '16, Obama in '08 and '12.

Lisa Murkowski is not up for re-election until 2022 and thinks she is invulnerable. After all, she won re-election in 2010 after losing the Republican primary on a write-in vote, no small achievement.

Susan Collins is up for re-election this year and is facing a difficult race in a blue state.

Romney is relatively quiet. I suppose it depends on where he sees his political future: as a Republican in Utah, as a Democrat in Massachusetts? His hatred and envy of Trump will likely be the deciding factor. In my opinion, his impeachment vote has already killed his political future in the GOP, in Utah and nationally.

I believe Grassley will get with the program. The Turtle then has 50 votes plus Pence. There is no legal or Constitutional requirement for Judiciary Committee hearings. Top contenders for the seat, Barbara Lagoa and Amy Coney Barrett, have been recently appointed to the Federal Circuit Court. FBI check and Senate scrutiny have already been done. McConnell should strike while the iron is hot, get it over with and let his people go home and campaign for re-election. Let the Antifa/BLM thugs fly back to their beloved Democrat cities and resume burning them down.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or play with it just piss on it and move on.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” Vladimir Ilyich Lenin