Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jenna and Barbara Bush write letter to Obama Girls 
    This thread is giving me all sorts of headaches!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4878495

Before anyone wants to jump on them for this I think this is sweet.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20253747,00.htm...

In keeping with tradition, President Bush left President Barack Obama a note in the White House and now his daughters have offered their own advice, in the form of an open letter, to Sasha, 7, and Malia Obama, 10.

From that point of view, the women offer the new first daughters tips what to expect as they prepare for their new lives in Washington, D.C. Here is some of their advice:

"Surround yourself with loyal friends. They'll protect and calm you and join in on some of the fun, and appreciate the history."

"Slide down the banister of the solarium, go to T-ball games, have swimming parties, and play Sardines on the White House lawn. Have fun and enjoy your childhood in such a magical place to live and play."

"Go to anything and everything you possibly can: the Kennedy Center for theater, State Dinners, Christmas parties (the White House staff party is our favorite!), museum openings, arrival ceremonies, and walks around the monuments. Just go. Four years goes by so fast, so absorb it all, enjoy it all!"

"Here is our most important piece of advice," they write. "Remember who your dad really is."

Read the entire letter including the Bush daughter's thoughts about pets and where to go when they need a hug here.

Starts off nice, right? But the DUMMIES can't be gracious winners, can they? They're forever sore losers, even when President Obama takes office.

It's response after response of rude obnoxiousness. (Oh, there are a few reasonable voices.) Argh!

I would be hilarious to watch the DUmp's hypocrisy if Mr. Obama's girls started partying early and often.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Power CUer
    There are a few nice notes on that thread. Here's one, which has an astonishing amount of self-realization:

"You may be expecting way too much for it not to get jumped on here at DU where anything and everything that has to do with Republicans, especially anything Bush, is held up to ridicule. That is one of the worst qualities of DU, the inability to see anything good in anyone who does not agree with them and to question their motives on everything. There are far too many people here who behave that way."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

the people on Du act younger than a 7 year old, just a lot nastier.

they don't want people attacking Obama's kids, but they can attact, make fun of all Republicans children, even Sarah Palin's little down syndrome baby..

they really do make me sick.. :mad:

Sonnabend
    This from a bunch of burned out druggies and admitted drink drivers...like the shit who smoked pot in his parents place, the creep who wanted to use subliminals (walldude), the guy who brags about the drugs he's taken.....

...sick fucks, the lot of them.

There are four or five people who actually seem to have a good attitude about the letter.

The rest of them are either dismissive of the Bush twins (at best), or downright rude about the two girls.

They are the worst hypocrites about it, too, as I'm sure 98% of them are guilty of the same behavior.

(And let's look at Al Gore's son, arrested for drug use as one poster points out. I'm sure if his daddy won the election, he would have been a great role model for american children! Just like those hypocrites complain about Bristol Palin or the Bush twins.)

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    There are four or five people who actually seem to have a good attitude about the letter.

The rest of them are either dismissive of the Bush twins (at best), or downright rude about the two girls.

They are the worst hypocrites about it, too, as I'm sure 98% of them are guilty of the same behavior.

(And let's look at Al Gore's son, arrested for drug use as one poster points out. I'm sure if his daddy won the election, he would have been a great role model for american children! Just like those hypocrites complain about Bristol Palin or the Bush twins.)
    Moonbats just can't let go of their hate; because without it they are nothing.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    The White House staff gave a party for the girls and some of their friends from school while Mom and Dad were at the Inaugural Balls:

"But the best-secret of all may have been what the Obama girls found at the end of the last clue in the scavenger hunt. Real-life Disney stars -- teen sensations the Jonas Brothers -- had stopped by the house to visit two of their biggest and most presidential fans.

A source tells ABC News that the Jonas brothers arrived at the East Portico with their parents and were quickly taken to the East Room.

The brothers played three acoustic songs and posed for photos with each of the young guests at the party. Approximately 50 kids were at the private concert."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Inaugurati...6698562&page=1
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I think it's nice of the Bush girls to write a note for Obama's girls.

DUers are very hypocritical when they judge the Bush girls for their drinking behavior early on in their dad's presidency. They were in college-how many DUers did the same thing, or worse, when they were in college? I know I did my share of underage drinking when I was in college. Probably more than my share, since I was in a sorority. I'm not going to hold a president's daughter to a higher standard than myself.

Jenna and Barbara have grown up to be nice young ladies. I'm impressed with the service projects they have done in Africa and other places around the globe, with AIDS/HIV victims and their children. I even gave a copy of Jenna's book to my neice, who read it and said it was a good book.]

NJmaverick (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-21-09 10:15 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. I thought it was the Secret Service's job to protect Sasha and Melia
    why did they let two bad apples, like the Bush twins, talk with them?
    It was a letter, you twit.

elocs (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-21-09 10:19 AM
    14. Well, that didn't take long. Thanks to those who proved me correct.
    I am sure there will be more to come. At least our new President has class and grace.
    MrsGrumpy (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-21-09 10:20 AM
    Response to Reply #14
    17. There are some of us who are decent, elocs.
    And, I agree with you. It's really quite sad, the cesspool this place can become.
    cali (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-21-09 10:24 AM
    21. Most of the mindless, petty comments on this thread are just pitiful
    pefectly innocuous gesture by the Bush girls. And the hypocrisy about their partying is a riot- not to mention, stinking of hypocrisy.
    theboss (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-21-09 10:43 AM
    34. Can someone remind me why I am supposed to hate the Bush twins again?
    Because I really kind of like them.
    Uh oh. Is that granite I hear being chiseled?

It is refreshing to see many at DU act civilized. My hat goes off to them.