Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Protesters hit by vehicles at Breonna Taylor demonstrations in Buffalo, Denver 
    link

TomCADem (15,493 posts)

Protesters hit by vehicles at Breonna Taylor demonstrations in Buffalo, Denver

Source: MSN

Two protesters were injured in hit-and-run incidents in Colorado and upstate New York on Wednesday night as demonstrations erupted across the county over a Kentucky grand jury's decision not to charge three police officers in the death of Breonna Taylor.

The chants for justice were quickly overcome by screams of horror as drivers in Denver and Buffalo plowed into protesters who spilled into the streets in the hours following the announcement of the grand jury's decision in the Louisville police shooting of 26-year-old Taylor, a certified emergency medical technician killed in her own apartment.

The incident in Buffalo unfolded about 8:45 p.m. as protesters marched in the street near Niagra Square in the downtown area, police said.

Graphic video taken by ABC affiliate station WKBW-TV in Buffalo showed a maroon and white king-cab pickup truck drive directly into a group of demonstrators who pounded on the side of the truck and yelled for the driver to stop just before a protester on a bicycle was hit. The footage shows the truck speeding away as protesters on foot chased after it.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...vF6?li=BBnb7Kz

Only 2? Considering they were 'marching in the street' they're lucky it wasn't 20.

Doing stupid things and you're apt to pay the consequences for it.

There's a reason we teach kids not to walk in the middle of the street. Too bad the DUmmies haven't learned that yet.

Fullduplexxx (3,365 posts)

1. Maybe it's time for rail spikes or other such Tire Piercer
    sakabatou (37,529 posts)

2. Can the driver(s) be charged for attempted murder?
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

What probably happened:

* Drivers came upon the "protests" and had no way to avoid them;

* Drivers knew that stopping would likely be a fatal last mistake;

* Drivers drove through the thug wannabes fast enough to prevent the thug wannabes forcing them to stop;

* Once clear of the crowd, the drivers got the Hades away.

As a side note, Breonna Taylor did not live in NY or CO, so the "protestor" were thug wannabes looking to hurt innocent people and find some loot.

Have the drivers in these two incidents turned themselves in to the police yet?
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Fullduplexxx (3,365 posts)

1. Maybe it's time for rail spikes or other such Tire Piercer
    Maybe it's time to stay out of the streets and obstructing traffic.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

The pickup driver in Buffalo is "in custody" and police are investigating what happened. The thug wannabes claim the truck accelerated toward them and the driver was yelling at them out his window. The video clip shown by a Buffalo station shows the truck is going at a steady rate, not accelerating, and the driver cannot be seen at his side window, which may have been closed. All in all, sounds consistent with my guess above.

As for the Denver incident, https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ver-police-say

Man detained after driving car through crowd of Breonna Taylor protesters in Denver, police say

DENVER Ė A man has been detained after he drove his car through a crowd of protesters calling for justice in the Breonna Taylor case outside the Colorado State Capitol late Wednesday night.

Video from AIRTRACKER7, as well as from reporters on the ground, showed a small crowd of protesters surrounding the parked vehicle and blocking the man's way, at times banging on the hood of the car, before the driver accelerated and drove his vehicle through demonstrators.
    This driver definitely got the Hades out of there when clearly threatened by the thug wannabes.
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Get out of the road. Period. Or deal with nerve-damage.
    To stop a war, or to start one. Whichever pays more.

Assuming there is no other vehicle in front of you, approach aggressively, slow way down, but never come to a complete stop. Then accelerate and they GTF out of the way. Thatís how itís done.
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Get out of the road. Period. Or deal with nerve-damage.
    keep moving. Don't suffer the same fate Reginald Denny did

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post

That is the very reason why I have a 1911 45 caliber pistol in the car with a full magazine of hollow points, and one round in the chamber. I hope I never need it...
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

People lacking critical thinking skills they should have learned at age 3.

If I should suddenly find myself in a crowd of protestors, I'll slow waaaay down. If it seems safe enough, I'll even beep my horn and chant with you. You can even slap my roof and fenders.

If you should be very angry and really trying to break windows to get in, I hope I have the ground clearance so my wheels don't lift off of the ground, because I'm coming through. Damn the torpedoes.....

(I've done it before when I found myself in neighborhoods that were, well, less than welcoming.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post

What the drivers in these incidents know, I have no idea. But both Buffalo and the Denver area have had previous incidents of cars being attacked, so AFAIC the thug wannabes created the situation where drivers know not to stop, but instead to get the Hades out as best they can.