Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Illinois gov THREATENS 20% TAX HIKE ON EVERYONE 
    Senior Member Banacek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Connecticut
    Posts
    16,012
    While acknowledging the harm it would do to the state economy and working Illinoisans, Lt. Gov. Juliana Stratton claimed lawmakers would be ‘forced’ to look at hiking everyone’s taxes due to the budget crisis.

    Lt. Gov. Julianna Stratton, the second-ranking member of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s administration, said Sept. 24that to adequately address the state’s budget crisis, “lawmakers will be forced to consider raising income taxes on all Illinois residents by at least 20%, regardless of their level of income.”
    https://www.illinoispolicy.org/pritz...vel-of-income/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

    1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Moderator FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    28,752
    Here's a thought. Do what your residents have to do when you raise their taxes, cut your spending.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Dlr Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    7,659
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Here's a thought. Do what your residents have to do when you raise their taxes, cut your spending.
    Bingo.

    I lost a large amount of income this year when my 2nd job working for the Angel's Baseball team was suspended due to covid ( thanks china).

    Rather than demand I continue to receive money from the team, my wife and I have cut the spending we made on the extras in life. We're getting by fine, just have had to reexamine where our money is going and cut back on things we enjoy, but don't need this year.

    Government needs to reexamine where the money is going ang initiate cuts to get them thru these lean times just like the average taxpayer has to do.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

    "Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,948
    And like California has done multiple times they seem to not understand basic economics. They think they're 20% short in tax revenue. So, they increase the rate by 20%. Fixed, Right? Only if you're on the bubble for passing into the 3rd grade.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    9,473
    20% tax hike, instantly followed by a 30% spending spree.

    They've learned nothing in Illinois. Hell, right now they are trying to admend their state constitution to allow instant tax increases without the need for votes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    45,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    20% tax hike, instantly followed by a 30% spending spree.

    They've learned nothing in Illinois. Hell, right now they are trying to admend their state constitution to allow instant tax increases without the need for votes.
    We're unlucky enough in the St Louis area to hear their darned ads about this. Illinois is a total mess. The highways (at least in this area) suck, the gas tax is so high that before I retired anyone in our company living in Illinois but coming across the good old Mississippi to St Louis to work always filled up here. Our gas tax is one of the lowest in the country. The dems have ruined them.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Bingo.

    I lost a large amount of income this year when my 2nd job working for the Angel's Baseball team was suspended due to covid ( thanks china).

    Rather than demand I continue to receive money from the team, my wife and I have cut the spending we made on the extras in life. We're getting by fine, just have had to reexamine where our money is going and cut back on things we enjoy, but don't need this year.

    Government needs to reexamine where the money is going ang initiate cuts to get them thru these lean times just like the average taxpayer has to do.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Since this Dempanic started in March I've had a +/- 20% pay cut due to not getting the overtime I usually get doing pickup and delivery work (10 hours or so). Did I whine about it like a DUmbass would? Nope. I just tightened my spending by cutting out the unnecessary expenditures which, TBH, was easy to do because the places I'd normally spend money at were all closed because of the Shelter in Place garbage the tyrants in Sacramento imposed on us.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

    Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Old n Grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Sunny South Fla.
    Posts
    1,716
    If they cut spending they lose votes. They remain in power by doling out OPM to their supporters.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

    Toxically masculine and proud of it!

    I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •