1. #1 I had fun this weekend [Where's the gun forum?] 
    Well, I finally went out and shot that Browning Medalist that was my grandfather's.

I started in the center and worked my way around to practice grouping.

After I shot the .22, I was browsing the gun shop attached to it and talking to the people there (they were very helpful and I learned quite abit about handguns and the various calibers) and I found something I'd been looking at getting online. So I ended up going home with this:

Taurus PT 24/7 Pro .40S&W

Went back to break it in the next day: (warning: 4.07MB image!)

http://anon.hybrid-optix.com/DSC_0293.JPG

Edit: Order targets shot in:
    1 3
    2 4

The Medalist started misloading/jamming because I had failed to clean the loading ramp properly :( But I corrected that mistake, cleaned the Taurus and the Medalist and shot the 4th target.
    Last edited by Paco; 06-22-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Good heavens what did you do, that last target looks to be a 3 inch grouping. What did you learn, and who, told you?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Woot PACO! Nice shooting and a nice new toy! :D

Welcome back, Paco. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Welcome back, Paco. :)
    Thanks SLW and thanks for bugging an admin so I could post again :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Good heavens what did you do, that last target looks to be a 3 inch grouping. What did you learn, and who, told you?
    I was told that I was pulling the trigger in too hard of a motion and to pull it in a slower, steadier motion.
    It would have been a smaller grouping if i hadn't of been messing with the scope's adjustments.
    Edit: Aiming at the center the whole time also helps ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Woot PACO! Nice shooting and a nice new toy! :D
    Thanks SR!

I'm taking my CWP course next weekend.

I was shooting at: http://www.allenarms.net/
    Last edited by Paco; 06-22-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I was told that I was pulling the trigger in too hard of a motion and to pull it in a slower, steadier motion.
    It would have been a smaller grouping if i hadn't of been messing with the scope's adjustments.
    Edit: Aiming at the center the whole time also helps ;)

Thanks SR!

I'm taking my CWP course next weekend.

I was shooting at: http://www.allenarms.net/
    I had a Taurus PT24/7 in .45 ACP. Gave it to my son after I picked up my Springfield XD. The only problem I had with the Taurus was assembly and disassembly. It's a bit of a pain. Sweet shooter, though.

I love the way my XD fits in my hand. It's a nice shooting pistol. But we carry what we can shoot best with.

Good luck with the CCW.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    I had a Taurus PT24/7 in .45 ACP. Gave it to my son after I picked up my Springfield XD. The only problem I had with the Taurus was assembly and disassembly. It's a bit of a pain. Sweet shooter, though.

I love the way my XD fits in my hand. It's a nice shooting pistol. But we carry what we can shoot best with.

Good luck with the CCW.

Yeah, that bolt you have to remove to get the slide to come off is a pain in the ass. I like the way the PT 940 does it much better. However, its a great gun and I think I can deal with that one problem :)

They had XD's there as well, I just liked the 24/7 a little better. To each his own I suppose.

I handled a few of the compact pistols and they really felt weird holding them. I guess I just have big hands (I could use the original Xbox controllers easily, for those of you who know what I'm talking about).

Thanks, hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll have my CWP and then I'll start looking for a holster(s).

This is our Browning Medalist for those of you who missed the original thread:

Larger version

*bump*

I think I'm pulling too hard sometimes. The one way down at the bottom was probably the one that I shot right after a freshly expended casing got caught between my glasses and my face >_>

Last edited by Paco; 06-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.