Thread: Super Bowl Forecast looking good

1. #1 Super Bowl Forecast looking good 
    Unfortunately for PoliCon who wished there would be snow at the SB in a recent thread, the Cards will have their "warm weather advantage". But it will be great weather for the fans and festivities...
    AccuWeather.com Super Bowl Forecast: Super Bowl XLIII will be played February 1, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. at Tampa, Florida between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals. Typically, the weather is very nice late January and early February. The normal high temperature is 70, and the low at night is 52. It does get cool at night, so you will need to take a jacket if you are planning to attend activities prior to game day and if you are going to the game.

This year, the long range indications are the weather will be nice, but leading up to the day of the kickoff is another story. A storm moving across the eastern half of the country could bring showers and thunderstorms prior to game day, and the AccuWeather.com forecast is already showing showers Saturday night, but dry weather for the game.

Since this is an open air stadium, the wind will play a factor in the game. The forecast is for a north wind at 9 mph. The map below shows you how the winds will blow through the stadium. A north wind will come straight down the field, which means the team defending the south end zone will be kicking and passing into the wind.

Below you will find a break down of the weather conditions for each quarter of the game, including the halftime show.

Weather Forecast: To get the Forecast for Tampa, Fl, please click here.

Super Bowl XLIII Forecast by Quarter:
    Quarter Conditions Temp. (F) RealFeel Wind Rel. Humidity
    First Partly Cloudy 71 65 N 9 mph 68%
    Second Partly Cloudy 69 68 N 9 mph 68%
    Halftime Partly Cloudy 68 66 N 9 mph 68%
    Third Partly Cloudy 67 64 N 9 mph 69%
    Fourth Partly Cloudy 66 63 NNE 8 mph 70%
    From accuweather.com (ignore the video, they're complete nuts)

Before anyone starts elating or worrying, I should note that this source is very inaccurate past 3-4 days...hell, late last week they forecast highs in the 60s/70s & lows in the 40s all this week...it only reached 47 yesterday and headed to 26 tonight. Considering this game is still 1 1/2 weeks away, I'll treat this forecast with a grain of salt...but it can make us feel "hopeful" (just joking).
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Steelers' performance won't be affected by the weather

Quote Originally Posted by wiegenlied View Post
    I was quoting PoliCon...I don't think any team can have an "advantage" in warm weather.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiegenlied View Post
    But they will be affected by the referees... especially how much they pay them.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jawilljr View Post
    But they will be affected by the referees... especially how much they pay them.
    Nah then the sport game is turning into chicago political game. This isn't good: since the winner can be predicted early by the amounts of $$$ given to the referee, superbowl won't attract as many viewers as before. So this will hurt the TV industries since the bidding for the commercials won't be as high as it is now. The overall profits if you bribe the referee then- the tangible profit for the TV owners and the intangible profit (the enjoyment) for us as the viewers- are negative.

So, let the invisible hand works in the superbowl - whichever team plays good they will be ample rewarded :D

Banned
    Bad weather (rain & wind) may favor the Steelers but I am hoping the damn refs left them play and don't get flag crazy; they could call holding on practically every play.

I think the last SB that had any rain was SB XII.
    Anyone know any differently?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I think the last SB that had any rain was SB XII.
    Anyone know any differently?
    Did you not see the Colts-Bears game just 2 years ago?! SB XLI. It was moderate rain the whole game. From Wikipedia: "For the first time in Super Bowl history, the game was played in the rain, which was continuous throughout the game."

Last edited by AHeneen; 01-23-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Did you not see the Colts-Bears game just 2 years ago?! SB XLI. It was moderate rain the whole game. From Wikipedia: "For the first time in Super Bowl history, the game was played in the rain, which was continuous throughout the game."

No. Actually I don't really remember that at all. That's interesting to know with all the stuff put in place to make sure the game is played in the best weather available.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    No. Actually I don't really remember that at all. That's interesting to know with all the stuff put in place to make sure the game is played in the best weather available.
    Well, it was played in Miami and this time of year the average rainfall is <1in. so it was quite unexpected.