Hybrid View

1. #1 Thursday's Thermometer 
    I stuck on brrrrr! This morning in my little corner of Northeast Florida it was 18 degrees. It hasn't been this cold in 20 years. The official city temperature will be around 20 or so. Growing up in Florida, I was not constructed to deal this kind of cold but now that Obama's in charge I get I most be B] tolerant [/B]of the cold weather and hope for a change to a warmer temp.

TOTD: What do you do to maintain your sanity in an irrational world? For me, other than my Christian faith I depend on music to get me through. I play serveral stringed instruments and when the world gets to be to intrusive on my thoughts I like to play old blues and rock songs on my guitar. It kind of takes me out of things for a while and clears my head. So what do you do? What to you find to be a distracting pleasure when things seem to be getting to deep?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    TOTD: Sometimes the feeling of "irrationality" comes from overload. That's a good time to turn off the TV and the computer, light a fire in the fireplace, and read or listen to classical music. Just let the brain calm down.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Good Morning.

Even with a little rain that came in from the West Coast, Las Vegas had a record high of 70 yesterday. I only had a few sprinkles, with about four minutes of rain around midnight.

TOTD: I start working on what is wrong. If it's something that I can't fix, going to work or keeping busy always helps. Work fixes alot of things. Other then some medical stuff, it's rare for me to have a bad day or even a bad hour. Yesterday morning was the excecption to this rule which then flared up the medical stuff. Even though I was pretty sick while trying to get ready for work, I continued to push myself towards the door, and once I got to work things started to get alot better. I simply get too busy to care about anything while I am there. :) I was really congested and could hardly talk in an audiable voice, but I still made it to work.

FlGator, sounds like it was almost warmer in STL this am. I noticed it was 21 degrees when I got up this morning. It's supposed to get up into the mid 50's. That's a true heat wave in this part of the country.

TOTD: I survived the pressures of many years of selling office equipment by developing other outside interests. I've been a docent at the zoo for 19 years. The various animal research projects, chimp sitting, elephant midwife projects, animal handling have helped me to escape the normal pressures of work. A way to destress now is quiet time with SR, just sitting back, relaxing and enjoying our time together. :)

We'll have one more fine day before the snow comes through. That will also be fine, of course, but in a different way.

TOTD: It depends. Reading always distracts me. If I just need to think in a very focused way, I garden, knit, clean/organize things, or go fishing. At work I listen to a lot of New Age or Ambient music.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's freezing. I'm hoping it stays this way for awhile and convinces all the yankees to move.

TOTD: I haven't been sane in years.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We'll have one more fine day before the snow comes through. That will also be fine, of course, but in a different way.

TOTD: It depends. Reading always distracts me. If I just need to think in a very focused way, I garden, knit, clean/organize things, or go fishing. At work I listen to a lot of New Age or Ambient music.
    I like that kind of music too, have you ever heard of Deep Forest, Shadow Fax or Tangerine Dream?

TOTD: a book, crossword puzzle or a cryptoquote usually gets me back on track. Cooking works too! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.