Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 A New Battery For An iPhone 6S+ Or just Get A New Phone? 
    The battery is crapping out on this iPhone. Went into settings the other day and there was a message that said your battery has diminished significantly. 100%=77%. Some websites with many embedded ads send the battery into total free fall.

What do you think I should do? Is it feasible to replace the battery? Money is not an issue.
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

The battery on my Motorola swelled up and popped the back off. I put a new on in but it is not holding a charge like the original. I would be swaded to a newer phone.
    We are on the brink of an adventure children. Don't ruin it with to many questions.
    -Mary Poppins

I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    The battery is crapping out on this iPhone. Went into settings the other day and there was a message that said your battery has diminished significantly. 100%=77%. Some websites with many embedded ads send the battery into total free fall.

What do you think I should do? Is it feasible to replace the battery? Money is not an issue.
    If money is not an issue then I'd get a new phone. The battery might not be the only problem you're having with it.
    If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

I had the battery in my SE replaced last fall ($50) and itís doing great. Iíll truly hate it when this phone fails. Nothing on the market now will fit in my shirt pocket and still let the snap close.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    If money is not an issue then I'd get a new phone. The battery might not be the only problem you're having with it.
    You may very well be right. Itís erratic and not linear. As I slept this morning, the battery tanked to 36% while the phone was doing absolutely nothing. This thing is running for hours on end, especially when Iím at work. I listen to podcasts and radio shows all night long. I got a lot out of this puppy.

Get a new phone but something other than an Apple. I personally believe that the correct slogan for Apple should be "Apple is great if you like crap"
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Get a new phone but something other than an Apple. I personally believe that the correct slogan for Apple should be "Apple is great if you like crap"
    I would have an Android phone if I could have fond one shirt pocket size. This SE is my first Apple and may be my last.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I have no allegiance to Apple. One of my coworkers has a Samsung Galaxy (not sure which model) but he says itís the best one heís ever owned. Iíll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I would have an Android phone if I could have fond one shirt pocket size. This SE is my first Apple and may be my last.
    Retread, I got on my father about this. That phone in your shirt pocket is emitting radiation right into your heart. I donít think itís a good idea to carry it there my friend.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I have no allegiance to Apple. One of my coworkers has a Samsung Galaxy (not sure which model) but he says itís the best one heís ever owned. Iíll look into it.
    For the first time since 2001, actually bought a new Samsung Galaxy in April. Looked up the model as I'm not a tech geek, Samsung SE10. Used to get the freebie upgrade (mostly) from Verizon. It has been excellent.

Phones do wear out after a few years, and I've had similar issues with the battery warping with prior phones. Never got acclimated to Apple products, especially since almost all tech in the business world are geared towards Windows.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender