Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Patent Member
    I've seen Wall-E and Dark Knight.

Wall-E was a fantastic movie, with very engaging characters (except for the humans).

Dark Knight was OK. Heath Ledger gave an outstanding portrayal of the Joker, but that's pretty much it for the movie. The action scenes were uninspiring, and for some reason I just want to punch Bruce Wayne in the face, especially when he does his "I've been smoking since the age of 2" Batman voice.

I expect something like Milk (praised by critics as "ass-rammingly good") or Frost/Nixon ("the greatest story of modern journalism ever told") will win. Hollywood doesn't care what movies are good, they care about political favoritism.

I don't really care one way or another which movie wins, it's a pretty meaningless award.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I've seen Wall-E and Dark Knight.

Wall-E was a fantastic movie, with very engaging characters (except for the humans).

Dark Knight was OK. Heath Ledger gave an outstanding portrayal of the Joker, but that's pretty much it for the movie. The action scenes were uninspiring, and for some reason I just want to punch Bruce Wayne in the face, especially when he does his "I've been smoking since the age of 2" Batman voice.

I expect something like Milk (praised by critics as "ass-rammingly good") or Frost/Nixon ("the greatest story of modern journalism ever told") will win. Hollywood doesn't care what movies are good, they care about political favoritism.

I don't really care one way or another which movie wins, it's a pretty meaningless award.
    Wall E was fine - I was just annoyed by the ecoweenie save the earth message.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I guess you have boobs eh? That movie has CHICK FLICK written all over it.
    I have no desire to see that movie. I think I'm just completely over Brangelina.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I have no desire to see that movie. I think I'm just completely over Brangelina.
    I think we all are. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It wasn't my first choice either that evening...but when you're buddy is getting you into movies for free, you lower your standards.
    I was pleasantly surprised at Pitt's range in this one. He did a great job.
    I can't stand the Brangelina saga either.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    I'm not a Brad Pitt fan, but I enjoyed "The Assassination of Jesse James". I'm sure a lot of people who thought it would be a bang-up western were disappointed, though.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Patent Member
    The wife and I went out and saw The Wrestler.

It certainly deserves to win Best Picture. If only because Marisa Tomei plays a stripper.

Sonnabend
    "Australia"

Tanked at the box office and got its ass kicked by critics.

FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    "Australia"

Tanked at the box office and got its ass kicked by critics.

FAIL.
    what did you expect from something about Australia? ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I've seen 'The Dark Knight,' 'Gran Torino,' and 'Wall- E.' I recommend all three (Though be advised that 'Gran Torino' has a LOT of foul language and racial slurs thrown around in it).