Thread: Best Picture Nominees.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'd say that "No Country for Old Men" challenges both those assumptions.
    As does Gladiator. I watched it again last night.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,748
    I was really surprised that Wall E and The Dark Knight were not listed. Wall E is the best animated film since The Incredibles and the Academy rarely gives action films a nod....but the Dark Knight went beyond a dumb comic book movie. It's sad that good animation and comedies are rarely considered. Exceptions: "Annie Hall"

    I saw Benjamin Button. That was surprisingly good.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I was really surprised that Wall E and The Dark Knight were not listed. Wall E is the best animated film since The Incredibles and the Academy rarely gives action films a nod....but the Dark Knight went beyond a dumb comic book movie. It's sad that good animation and comedies are rarely considered. Exceptions: "Annie Hall"

    I saw Benjamin Button. That was surprisingly good.
    I guess you have boobs eh? That movie has CHICK FLICK written all over it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I guess you have boobs eh? That movie has CHICK FLICK written all over it.
    Phooey! It was alot like Forrest Gump...same attitude and pace...not as good though. I doubt it will have staying power like Gump.

    Let's just say I like good films.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    BEST PICTURE
    "Appaloosa"
    "Australia"
    "Body of Lies"
    "Burn After Reading"
    "Changeling"
    "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
    "The Dark Knight"
    "Defiance"
    "Doubt"
    "Gran Torino"
    "Happy-Go-Lucky"
    "Frost/Nixon"
    "Milk"
    "Miracle at St. Anna"
    "Mamma Mia!"
    "The Reader"
    "Revolutionary Road"
    "Secret Life of Bees"
    "Seven Pounds"
    "The Soloist"
    "Vicki Cristina Barcelona"
    "The Visitor"
    "Wall-E"
    "W"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    What about The Wrestler? I heard alot of Oscar buzz surrounding that one for a while.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    I have seen Doubt, Dark Knight and Gran Torino and all three were very good. My personal favorite was Doubt, mainly for the drama. DK was a great action flick and Torino was excellent for demonstrating how relationships can change people.
    "Doubt" was a good name for that Movie.
    Definitely left me in doubt.

    DK was OK,over hyped for the most part, People can deny it all they want but if it wasn't for ledger Od'ing I suspect that movie wouldn't have gotten much notice.

    Gran Torino is my kinda movie. People portrayed doing supposedly the wrong things for the right reason & the right things for supposedly the wrong reason
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Phooey! It was alot like Forrest Gump...same attitude and pace...not as good though. I doubt it will have staying power like Gump.

    Let's just say I like good films.
    Gump? haven't seen it. Don't watch his movies.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    BEST PICTURE
    "Appaloosa"
    "Australia"
    "Body of Lies"
    "Burn After Reading"
    "Changeling"
    "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
    "The Dark Knight"
    "Defiance"
    "Doubt"
    "Gran Torino"
    "Happy-Go-Lucky"
    "Frost/Nixon"
    "Milk"
    "Miracle at St. Anna"
    "Mamma Mia!"
    "The Reader"
    "Revolutionary Road"
    "Secret Life of Bees"
    "Seven Pounds"
    "The Soloist"
    "Vicki Cristina Barcelona"
    "The Visitor"
    "Wall-E"
    "W"
    right...but talking about the final ones that will actually get the nod. I doubt they will be on there. Do you?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    right...but talking about the final ones that will actually get the nod. I doubt they will be on there. Do you?
    It'll be down to W, frost Nixon, Dark Knight, and and which ever of the other movies that has the most radical far left agenda - and the only reason why DK will be there is because Heath is dead.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •