1. #1 Saugages and cabbage 
    Its cold here and this was a nice quick hearty filling meal. Pretty easy and very tasty.

2 tbsp. vegetable oil
    2 tbsp. butter
    1 sm. cabbage, shredded
    1 lg. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    Salt and pepper to taste
    5 sausage, brats or polish saugage
    1 bottle beer
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 tbsp. mustard
    1 tbsp. cider vinegar

In 12 inch skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil. Add cabbage, onion, garlic. Season with S & P and cook (about 8 minutes) until vegetables are tender. Add beer, broth & sausage cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or untill sausage is cooked. Stir in mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute and serve. Serve with some Italian bread.

Get every body together

Tuck those doggies in and cook!

Time to eat

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Would this work in a slow cooker? It looks and sounds delish, and wanted to use my slow cooker for my Super Bowl Party for another main dish. I'll have chili on the stove, many sides, but realize not everybody likes chili

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Its cold here and this was a nice quick hearty filling meal. Pretty easy and very tasty.

2 tbsp. vegetable oil
    2 tbsp. butter
    1 sm. cabbage, shredded
    1 lg. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    Salt and pepper to taste
    5 sausage, brats or polish saugage
    1 bottle beer
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 tbsp. mustard
    1 tbsp. cider vinegar

In 12 inch skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil. Add cabbage, onion, garlic. Season with S & P and cook (about 8 minutes) until vegetables are tender. Add beer, broth & sausage cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or untill sausage is cooked. Stir in mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute and serve. Serve with some Italian bread.

Get every body together

Tuck those doggies in and cook!

Time to eat

I waved to you today as I went past on Rte. 4.

Quote Originally Posted by d_va View Post
    Would this work in a slow cooker? It looks and sounds delish, and wanted to use my slow cooker for my Super Bowl Party for another main dish. I'll have chili on the stove, many sides, but realize not everybody likes chili
    I use my slow cooker a lot and I'm going to say, "Yes, with reservations". Cabbage really tastes best if it isn't cooked to death. I would put the sausages in a little broth for an hour or so on "High" and then add more broth and the cabbage about 1 - 2 hours before I wanted to serve it.

When I cook corned beef and cabbage, I cook the meat all day but I add the cabbage at the end. Brightly colored, slightly crisp cabbage is my preferred style.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Looks delicious.

I would like it with cornbread (without sugar) and a pot of navy beans....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I use my slow cooker a lot and I'm going to say, "Yes, with reservations". Cabbage really tastes best if it isn't cooked to death. I would put the sausages in a little broth for an hour or so on "High" and then add more broth and the cabbage about 1 - 2 hours before I wanted to serve it.

When I cook corned beef and cabbage, I cook the meat all day but I add the cabbage at the end. Brightly colored, slightly crisp cabbage is my preferred style.
    Thats the trick! It just takes 1 hour start to finish, and 15 minutes of that is getting the stuff ready to cook! Believe me, the cabbage was tender and the sausages were cooked thru! Very easy recipe!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Now I am hungry for brats.

Miss my old stomping grounds in Illinois....several places to buy fresh store made brats, including a friend's meat locker & butcher shop. It's only grocery stores here in my town, but I am sure I could find some in Vegas.

There are alot of things I miss from the Midwest. :mad: