Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama to lift restrictions on abortion funding 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-23109,00.html

By Matt Spetalnick

January 24, 2009 04:12am

US President Barack Obama will lift restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, reversing a policy of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush, an administration official said.

"It will be today. He's going to make an executive order (lifting the global gag rule)," the official said.

The Democratic president's decision is a victory for advocates of abortion rights on an issue that in recent years has become a tit-for-tat policy change each time the White House shifts from one party to the other.

Sonnabend
    Queer marraige
    Abortion funding
    Gays in the military

Power CUer
    The Mexico City Policy is a political football that gets passed back and forth depending on the administration. It was enacted in 1984, approved by Reagan, and continued by Bush. Clinton reversed it on Jan. 22, 1993, and G.W. Bush reinstated it on Jan. 22, 2001. Now it's time for Obama to RE-reverse it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

So the dictatorship is off to a great start with 5 EO's in 3 days. Way to go Bammy.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    So the dictatorship is off to a great start with 5 EO's in 3 days. Way to go Bammy.
    This turkey is just getting warmed up.:eek:

It seems like Democrats overwhelmingly rejoice in the murder of the innocent.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Queer marraige
    Abortion funding
    Gays in the military
    We got a Bassaball Jones ... we got a Bassaball Jones ...

We got a Bassaball Jones for a president ...

We got a Bassaball Jones ...

If Libtards can scream that Bush is a Hitler then I can call the junior-Senator-wannabe-basketball player what he is:

"Present."

And that's about it.

I admit I am in total shock and disbelief. Taxpayer money being given to International abortion groups. This is so far beyond my comprehension, why? Tell me why? This sickens me to no end. This just plain wrong, why can't people see this? If policies like this keep being adopted, something is going to have to give. Policies like this is pushing more and more Americans to radicalism. Dear God, what is going on.

Baby Murderer in Chief

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buyer111us View Post
    I admit I am in total shock and disbelief. Taxpayer money being given to International abortion groups. This is so far beyond my comprehension, why? Tell me why?
    This sickens me to no end. This just plain wrong, why can't people see this? If policies like this keep being adopted, something is going to have to give. Policies like this is pushing more and more Americans to radicalism. Dear God, what is going on.

Baby Murderer in Chief
    Taxpayer money isnt going to "abortion groups". Its going to hospitals and health care providers who also happen to provide the service of abortion. The spin on this is 100% false.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Taxpayer money isnt going to "abortion groups". Its going to hospitals and health care providers who also happen to provide the service of abortion. The spin on this is 100% false.
    Let's zeroe in on your "spin." How much of OUR money is going toward international charnel houses? US taxpayer money is going toward the abortion factories overseas. How is that "spin?"

Let's put aside the favorite liberal tpic for a second and ask another question; Why is a single penny of US taxpayer money going to international charnel houses.

Why are our funds going to something I as a Christian am opposed to on moral grounds? Does this mean that I can petition for taxpayer funds to support my Church? Why not? Turnabout is fair play, right?:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand