Hybrid View

1. #1 Monty Python Puts Free Videos Online, Sells 23,000% More DVDs 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Monty Python Puts Free Videos Online, Sells 23,000% More DVDs

http://www.youtube.com/user/MontyPython

The Secret Policeman's Balls: History of the Joke
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glpcn...x=0&playnext=1

Monty Python started a YouTube channel with tons of their sketches streaming for free. The included links to their DVDs at Amazon. The result was a whopping 23,000% increase in sales.For 3 years you YouTubers have been ripping us off, taking tens of thousands of our videos and putting them on YouTube. Now the tables are turned. It's time for us to take matters into our own hands.

We know who you are, we know where you live and we could come after you in ways too horrible to tell. But being the extraordinarily nice chaps we are, we've figured a better way to get our own back: We've launched our own Monty Python channel on YouTube.No more of those crap quality videos you've been posting. We're giving you the real thing - HQ videos delivered straight from our vault.

What's more, we're taking our most viewed clips and uploading brand new HQ versions. And what's even more, we're letting you see absolutely everything for free. So there!

But we want something in return.

None of your driveling, mindless comments. Instead, we want you to click on the links, buy our movies & TV shows and soften our pain and disgust at being ripped off all these years.Are you paying attention, MPAA and RIAA? A controlled release of free material keeps people from resorting to piracy and keeps them in your controlled ecosphere, which can include, yes, ways for fans to give you money. But when you're a bunch of pricks, people go to The Pirate Bay and think of you as the enemy, and then you don't get any money. Take notes, you idiots.
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5137827/monty-p...3000-more-dvds
    Last edited by megimoo; 01-23-2009 at 03:27 PM.

I've never understood the fascination with Monty Python. I just don't find any British comedy funny, but to each his own.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I never got them either, but they hit this nail on the head. Business plan failing? Try a different business plan instead of lawsuits. If those numbers are right.... :eek:
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    its about the only british comedy thats any good. (cept for the young ones) :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    its about the only british comedy thats any good. (cept for the young ones) :D
    MEH! Little Britain is a riot . . . My Family is Brilliant - and you do know that the Office is a British invention right?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    MEH! Little Britain is a riot . . . My Family is Brilliant - and you do know that the Office is a British invention right?
    Heard of it but never watched it