Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Who here thinks Biden is a one term VP? 
    I'm thinking an agreement was made that if Obama gets elected for a second term, Biden is gone. My reasoning? Libs will demand that a female is next in line. Doesn't matter is she's best qualified or not. Many dem women feel that they've given up something by Hillary losing the nomination. Therefore, Biden can't run after President Obama. A female VP will be brought in for the second term and thus get a leg up on any challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I'm thinking an agreement was made that if Obama gets elected for a second term, Biden is gone. My reasoning? Libs will demand that a female is next in line. Doesn't matter is she's best qualified or not. Many dem women feel that they've given up something by Hillary losing the nomination. Therefore, Biden can't run after President Obama. A female VP will be brought in for the second term and thus get a leg up on any challengers.
    I don't see him running in 2012 with another VP and if Biden resigns, it will depend on the makeup of the Senate because his appointment would have to be confirmed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I am of the opinion that Obama will screw things up so bad that a second term will not happen. If the economy does not pick up in the next year and a half, the Repubs will gain Congressional seats in 010.

I would not be surprised if he does not even last a full term as VP. :( but then - should that be the case - we'd have PRESIDENT Biden.:eek:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I don't see him running in 2012 with another VP and if Biden resigns, it will depend on the makeup of the Senate because his appointment would have to be confirmed.
    The Vice - President of the incumbent party is generally considered the front runner in most cases after a president's second term. You think Biden will run in 2012? It would outrage a lot of dems, considering what percentage Biden received in the recent primary compared to Hillary. Now I grant that if Obama/Biden have a highly successful two terms, it might smooth it somwhat for Joe, but after the first black president, there will be a lot of interest for the first female to take office. I bet Obama's already promised Hillary he'd work for her nomination in 2016. That may be part of what's behind ths story of Biden being offered two choices in jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I would not be surprised if he does not even last a full term as VP. :( but then - should that be the case - we'd have PRESIDENT Biden.:eek:
    That is the scariest thing I have heard in quite a while, well since Osammy knocked Chillary off her podium. The real scary part is that you may not be that far off base. There have been 2 sitting senators elected President over the past 100 years, neither has lasted more than 2 years. :eek:
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Biden will be 74 in 2016, so he'd be in his 80s during his second term.

Frankly, I think the senile dementia will get him before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    Biden will be 74 in 2016, so he'd be in his 80s during his second term.

Frankly, I think the senile dementia will get him before then.
    I'm betting it already has

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    On topic, do I think Biden is a one term VP... I question if he makes it even one term. One of his greatest weaknesses is his mouth. I think Biden will prove to be too much of a liability to Obama and Dims that they will need to sack him as they did with Kerry early on in the elections. Biden just can't help but shoot off his mouth on sensitive information.

Off topic a bit, up a bit, was predicted that the GOP would recover Congress in 2010, I don't really see this until 2012 when we have a strong chance at retaking the Senate by a few seats. I don't really see the House for many years, nearest being 2016 at the soonest as we are far behind in the house and will be a long time to recover. Sorry for be pessimistic, but to be honest, we are a long ways behind to retake the house any time soon, save the Dims really screwing up horridly.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Off topic a bit, up a bit, was predicted that the GOP would recover Congress in 2010, I don't really see this until 2012 when we have a strong chance at retaking the Senate by a few seats. I don't really see the House for many years, nearest being 2016 at the soonest as we are far behind in the house and will be a long time to recover. Sorry for be pessimistic, but to be honest, we are a long ways behind to retake the house any time soon, save the Dims really screwing up horridly.
    I think you're right that it will take a while to take back either chamber - but even so - I have no interest in taking them back with RINOs either. We need good solid Conservatives.