Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My friend, the death row prisoner, is busy dying at this moment 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4890987

Guess who. Our resident psychotic is back.

Th1onein Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-22-09 07:02 PM
    Original message
    My friend, the death row prisoner, is busy dying at this moment.

I know a lot of you are for capital punishment. I understand, and I don't want to argue about it.

I just want you to know that a human being is being put to death right now, at this moment, by strangers who care nothing about him, strapped to a gurney in a Huntville, Texas prison.

naaman fletcher (154 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-23-09 02:58 PM
    Response to Reply #15
    230. Do you ever write to the families of victims?

You know, the kids who don't have their moms or dads anymore because of people like your friend? Do you send them money to make sure they can buy a baseball mitt, or maybe basketball shoes?

Or you just care for murderers more?
    OUCH :eek::eek::eek:

Sonnabend
    By DEBRA DENNIS / The Dallas Morning News
    debdennis@dallasnews.com

Reginald Perkins embarked on a series of heinous crimes years before he brutally killed his stepmother and robbed her of her wedding ring in 2000, the crime for which he's sentenced to die today.

The 53-year-old Fort Worth man was in prison for five years, sitting on Texas' death row, when science linked him to the 1991 slayings of Hattie Wilson, 79, and her niece Shirley Douglas, 44. The women were found strangled inside their East Fort Worth apartment.

"He is very smart and very scary," said Fort Worth police Detective Manny Reyes, who visited Perkins on death row in October to obtain the DNA connecting the convicted murderer to the deaths of Wilson and Douglas.

Gertie Perkins, 64, was also strangled. Prosecutors say she was much more than a stepmother to the man convicted in her murder.

"He called her Mom," said Kevin Rousseau, an assistant district attorney in Tarrant County, who prosecuted Perkins. "He was her stepson, but she raised him. He spent a good part of his life growing up with her."

Convicted rapist

Perkins, who lived in Texas and Ohio, was a convicted rapist on parole from Cleveland when he killed his stepmother. He moved to Fort Worth in February 2000 after Ohio officials paroled him. Gertie Perkins helped set up her stepson in the family's trucking business.

"They provided him a dump truck," Rousseau said. "They had done just about everything you can for your child In the winter of 2000, Reginald Perkins was having financial problems. On Dec. 1, he cashed two checks from the family's trucking business and pawned his stepmother's wedding ring for $150.

Three days later, Gertie Perkins was reported missing. Inside her southeast Fort Worth home, police found bloodstains, carpet removed and a phone cord disconnected. On Dec. 5, 2000, Perkins led officers to her body in a hospital parking garage near downtown Fort Worth. She had been strangled and placed in the trunk of her own car.

'No remorse'

Perkins, police and prosecutors say, has a long history of violence.

In November, he was linked to the 17-year-old slayings of Wilson and Douglas, who was also raped in the attack at their apartment in East Fort Worth. There were no signs that someone had broken in. Perkins had dated a family member of one of the women, police said.

Reyes, the Fort Worth detective, said that when he visited death row in October, Perkins was convinced that "everybody was out to get him." "There was no remorse," said Reyes of the department's cold-case division. "He accused us of planting the DNA."

Perkins' attorneys argued unsuccessfully that he is mentally retarded and ineligible for a death sentence. Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review Perkins' case, setting the stage for his execution.

Today, he is expected to become the second Fort Worth man executed in Texas this year. Last week, Curtis Moore, 40, was put to death for brutally killing three people.
    When Perkins was convicted in 2002, evidence from two Ohio homicide cases was used in the sentencing phase of his trial.

"He's a serial killer," Rousseau said. "His crimes are particularly heinous."In 1982, Perkins was convicted in Ohio of raping two 12-year-old girls, and he remains a suspect in the two slayings there, officials said.

"He's killed women in Ohio and raped two 12-year-old girls and came here and killed two more women and his stepmother," Rousseau said. "Those are the ones we know about."
    I can see that Th1onein is up to her usual quality of "friends".My guess is that if she met Bill Ayers? She'd ask him for bomb making lessons.

Your "friend" deserves to die and I hope he does.

Slowly..painfully...and may he burn in Hell.

Sonnabend
    defendandprotect Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-23-09 01:52 AM
    Response to Reply #61
    165. Gacy aside . . . DNA tests have been suggesting a lot are innocent . . . !!! Updated at 12:58 AM

Edited on Fri Jan-23-09 01:52 AM by defendandprotect
    That's why executions were stopped in Illinois/?

Wasn't that it --

If we had a fair minded Supreme Court rather than right-wing nuts, they would have

stopped all executions --
    They were probably stopped because of corrupt Illinois Governors

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    They were probably stopped because of corrupt Illinois Governors
    The funny thing about defendandprotect's response is that, as the news article notes, rather than proving Perkins' innocence, DNA tests were what proved his guilt in the murders of Wilson and Douglas!
    Plus, as the article implies, there was pretty much no doubt that he was indeed guilty, just a lot of debate on if he should get the death penalty for it (And indeed, if those charges were true, he DEFINITELY deseved it for committing five murders and a third count of rape).

I love the double standard these kooks live by.

If there is a completely defenseless unborn baby in its mothers womb then it is fine to rip it out piece by piece in the name of "choice".

But, if some scumbag goes on a killing and raping spree it is barbaric to put them to death.

WOW

Can they honestly not see the hypocrisy of their own BS?

Hey lurking DUmmies, please step up and defend how killing unborn babies is acceptable, but killing a murdering, rapist, piece of filth is an atrocity. Please, I am begging you, try and justify how this ridiculous double standard works. I have tried on three seperate occasions to have logical discussions with you on your own website on other topics. Every time I was banned for asking logical questions. In fact I was once challenged by a mod to answer a question then banned by the same moderator less than a minute later! So will any of you step up here and have a rational debate on the subject?

I'll be enjoying the sound of crickets waiting for someone who thinks abortion is fine and the death penalty is horribly wrong to reply to me.

Boo hoo, boo hoo, a man who raped and killed multiple women, and apparently has shown no remorse for his acts, is being executed. What sort of person would willingly call a scumbag like this friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    Boo hoo, boo hoo, a man who raped and killed multiple women, and apparently has shown no remorse for his acts, is being executed. What sort of person would willingly call a scumbag like this friend?
    Yet a good night's sleep and a Tylenol for post abortion patients. No tearful posts for those who were judge and jury for their baby. Just a walk through the Yellow Pages for the nearest executioner.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Is he dead yet?
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    The original article calls him "very smart and very scary". You read about women all the time who are taken in by these guys and develop prison "romances" with them. She sounds like one of these lunatics.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Yet a good night's sleep and a Tylenol for post abortion patients. No tearful posts for those who were judge and jury for their baby. Just a walk through the Yellow Pages for the nearest executioner.
    What punishment do you think would be more appropriate for these women?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken