1. #1 Edgy comic George Carlin dies at 71 
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs, dirty words and the demise of humanity, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday. He was 71. Carlin, who had a history of heart and drug-dependency problems, died at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062300163.html

Power CUer
    He was right on target sometimes, and he misfired sometimes, but he'll be remembered for a large and varied body of work over many years. I'm glad he knew he had won the Mark Twain prize before he died.

My favorite line of his:
    "When you're born into this world, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in this country, you get a front-row seat."

Patent Member
    He had gotten pretty bitter about President Bush in his latest few HBO 'specials' (rants), but he was a great comic.

He was no spring chicken, but he still had a lot to offer, and he will be remembered fondly.

I'm not big on the dirty comedy any more, but Carlin was a wordsmith. He worked all his words, even the famous 7, as opposed to folks nowadays who use obscenity to cover up their lack of talent. He will be missed.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Meh. A little bit of Carlin went a long way. I got what he was saying - mostly, but he was repetitive and tedious some times. His attacks on GWB had a ring of animal cruelty.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Even though I disagreed with some of his stuff, he was funny. I'd be a hypocrit (spelling Linda?) to bash him for making jokes about things I believe in. My motto is either it's all OK or none of it is. And he helped make it all OK.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The world is a lot less funny this morning.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

He was extremely funny when not being an anti-Christian bigot.