Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Saturday Spirits 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Very mild temperatures on the Mountain today, but it will be cooling off this afternoon and evening. There will be rain south of us but none expected here today. The temp now is 51 degrees at 7:21 a.m. and I have to work today. :(

Overtime affords better scotch though. :)

TOTD: Alcoholic beverages. Do you imbibe? If so, what's your favorite spirit? What's your favorite mixed drink?

I'm a scotch drinker. Blended, my favorite drink is to fill a glass with ice then fill it with scotch. Single malt I drink neat.

I also enjoy a good martini. Bombay, Beefeaters or Boodles gin. Also like Tanqueray.

My standard scotch is The Low Flyer (Famous Grouse). Haven't settled on a favorite single malt but am open to suggestions.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

It is very nice here this morning. Temps in the low 40's with highs expected near 70. It is a far cry from the near record cold on Wednesday and Thursday. It looks like today will be a very nice date

TOTD: I no longer drink due to the fact that I really like to drink, but when I did imbibe I liked Ice House beer and for something stronger Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. What can I say I'm a burbon man.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Good Morning.

I am headed to Las Vegas with two women. :D

They are co-workers and Vegas is just an hour away, but it will still be fun.

The trip is work related for a certification class I am taking. There is money on the table at work, and I plan on grabbing as much as I can.

TOTD: It's very rare for me to drink. In the past three months, I have had two drinks. One was a bloody mary and the other a white russian. Back in October I think I had three margaritas on the rocks one night...I like those also.

I used to be a big fan of Bacardi & Coke, used to drink them nightly.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing today beyond going to work.

TOTD: I enjoy a drink now and again - but I do NOT EVER get drunk. I was drunk once - hated it - and swore it would never happen again if I could help it. (It doesn't help that I lost my virginity that night and cannot remember a second of it) My preferences are for mixed drinks. I love a good burbon and sours - adore long island Iced teas - screw drivers - lime dacaries - and such . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Cold and kind of dreary here but the snow is great and I'll be leaving The Sick One to enjoy the trails shortly.

TOTD: I live in the beer capital of the United States. You cannot turn around out here without bumping into some kind of craft beer. I like seasonal beers. All the spiced Christmas beers, bocks for Lent, the porters and bitters during those darkish late winter days. Then the IPAs and lagers in the summer are crisp and perfect for the sunshine. In the fall, I look forward to the Oktoberfest special brews and all the harvest ales.

I'm not really a beer snob and I don't really know much about beer. I've never turned down a Miller Lite at a softball game. :D

In hard liquor, I'm a gin and tonic kind of gal and only in the summer. I know nothing about wines and I stick to the few German wines that I know I like.

Overcast and in the 50's here today.

TOTD: I do not indulge in adult spirits often but when I do, I prefer rums such as Captain Morgan Spiced or Sailor Jerry's. Beer-wise I'll pretty much drink what's available.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

We have an amazing variety of scotch, including a bottle of Walker Blue Label from a few years back that cost more than the taste warrented. I also drink Jim Beam. But I drink the "Hard Stuff" pretty infrequently.

I am hopeless with wines and actually prefer a pretty cheap Sangria which I drink pretty frequently.

I also really enjoy Honey Wies beers and Shandy.

I slept in today (7:30 or so), after an evening of watching my son play volleyball. We won..yippeee! It is looking to be a great season, and I am really excited about it.

TOTD- when I do drink, I like a good beer. I don't worry about calories, because lets face it, Coors Lite, Miller Lite.. they just taste BAD, and surely people who drink them are not drinking for taste.

I love sampling new beers and new tastes. I don't like bitter hoppy beers. I like lagers and dark beers. I also like Wheat beers.

I have tried to appreciate the paint thinner that is called Scotch. I have also tried to appreciate wines, but I just don't care much for the taste.

Once a summer, I will make a mean mix of mojitos. People love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I slept in today (7:30 or so), after an evening of watching my son play volleyball. We won..yippeee! It is looking to be a great season, and I am really excited about it.

TOTD- when I do drink, I like a good beer. I don't worry about calories, because lets face it, Coors Lite, Miller Lite.. they just taste BAD, and surely people who drink them are not drinking for taste.

I love sampling new beers and new tastes. I don't like bitter hoppy beers. I like lagers and dark beers. I also like Wheat beers.

I have tried to appreciate the paint thinner that is called Scotch. I have also tried to appreciate wines, but I just don't care much for the taste.

Once a summer, I will make a mean mix of mojitos. People love them.
    I have to agree - Scotch sucks so does Gin. Bourbon, Vodka, Triplesec, rum . . .Thems are good stuff. Not like scotch.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Very mild temperatures on the Mountain today, but it will be cooling off this afternoon and evening. There will be rain south of us but none expected here today. The temp now is 51 degrees at 7:21 a.m. and I have to work today. :(

Overtime affords better scotch though. :)

TOTD: Alcoholic beverages. Do you imbibe? If so, what's your favorite spirit? What's your favorite mixed drink?
    Your question seems to exclude wine, which I drink almost daily, and beer, which I drink rarely. In terms of spirits, I drink single malt scotches and bourbons; I also like George Dickel, a "Tennessee whiskey". Whatever I drink I drink straight, sometimes with ice.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken