Thread: Saturday Spirits

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sunny and windy here today. Cold!!! Maybe a winter storm on the way for next week.

TOTD: Makers Mark, JD, any good vodka, Bacardi Select Rum, Bud Light Lime beer. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I don't drink much, but I have preferences when I do.

Bourbon - Blantons, Makers Mark and Jack, in that order
    Vodka - Can't stand it.
    Rum - Can't stand it.
    Gin - Hendricks
    Tequila - Aged Blue Agave types
    Scotch - Balvenie
    Wine - don't much care for it, I can enjoy a very good Pinot Noir on occasion
    Beer - ONLY craft beers, no mass market swill. Have a preference for the brews from Stone Brewery, particularly their smoked Porter.

rm -rf obama*

It's 62 degrees and cloudy...it's been rainining off and on for the last two days.

I don't drink alcohol. I have sampled a few things, but I have never acquired a taste for alcohol.

Power CUer
    Bubba, you said you hadn't settled on a "favorite" single malt but you'd take suggestons.

I don't have a favorite; I think different ones are appropriate to different occasions. Before dinner, I like something smoky/peaty, like a Lagavulin or a Talisker. After dinner, something smoother, like Dalwhinnie or the Balvenie - especially the Balvenie, which is finished in sherry casks and picks up some lovely flavor there.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I don't drink much, but I have preferences when I do.

Bourbon - Blantons, Makers Mark and Jack, in that order
    Vodka - Can't stand it.
    Rum - Can't stand it.
    Gin - Hendricks
    Tequila - Aged Blue Agave types
    Scotch - Balvenie
    Wine - don't much care for it, I can enjoy a very good Pinot Noir on occasion
    Beer - ONLY craft beers, no mass market swill. Have a preference for the brews from Stone Brewery, particularly their smoked Porter.
    You drink Hendricks? Why?

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It is very nice here this morning. Temps in the low 40's with highs expected near 70. It is a far cry from the near record cold on Wednesday and Thursday. It looks like today will be a very nice date

TOTD: I no longer drink due to the fact that I really like to drink, but when I did imbibe I liked Ice House beer and for something stronger Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. What can I say I'm a burbon man.
    Kickin' Chicken is hard to beat. The 101 especially. I'm partial to regular old Jim Beam.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Good Morning.

I am headed to Las Vegas with two women. :D

They are co-workers and Vegas is just an hour away, but it will still be fun.

The trip is work related for a certification class I am taking. There is money on the table at work, and I plan on grabbing as much as I can.

TOTD: It's very rare for me to drink. In the past three months, I have had two drinks. One was a bloody mary and the other a white russian. Back in October I think I had three margaritas on the rocks one night...I like those also.

I used to be a big fan of Bacardi & Coke, used to drink them nightly.
    I drink rum and coke in summer instead of beer.

And the Dude love white russians..

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm not sure what I'll be doing today beyond going to work.

TOTD: I enjoy a drink now and again - but I do NOT EVER get drunk. I was drunk once - hated it - and swore it would never happen again if I could help it. (It doesn't help that I lost my virginity that night and cannot remember a second of it) My preferences are for mixed drinks. I love a good burbon and sours - adore long island Iced teas - screw drivers - lime dacaries - and such . . . .

I don't drink to get drunk anymore. Better booze in smaller quantities and i drink it slow to savor it.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    We have an amazing variety of scotch, including a bottle of Walker Blue Label from a few years back that cost more than the taste warrented. I also drink Jim Beam. But I drink the "Hard Stuff" pretty infrequently.

I am hopeless with wines and actually prefer a pretty cheap Sangria which I drink pretty frequently.

I also really enjoy Honey Wies beers and Shandy.

Leinenkugel (probably spelled that wrong) has a good honey weis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Cold and kind of dreary here but the snow is great and I'll be leaving The Sick One to enjoy the trails shortly.

TOTD: I live in the beer capital of the United States. You cannot turn around out here without bumping into some kind of craft beer. I like seasonal beers. All the spiced Christmas beers, bocks for Lent, the porters and bitters during those darkish late winter days. Then the IPAs and lagers in the summer are crisp and perfect for the sunshine. In the fall, I look forward to the Oktoberfest special brews and all the harvest ales.

I'm not really a beer snob and I don't really know much about beer. I've never turned down a Miller Lite at a softball game. :D

In hard liquor, I'm a gin and tonic kind of gal and only in the summer. I know nothing about wines and I stick to the few German wines that I know I like.
    I don't drink beer much but when I do, just about any kind will do.