Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG!!! The Warnings are back!!!

Issued by The National Weather Service
    St. Louis, MO
    7:09 pm CST, Sat., Jan. 24, 2009

... WINTER STORM POSSIBLE NEXT WEEK...
    AN ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL LOCK A SUBFREEZING AIRMASS OVER THE MIDWEST THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. A WEAK STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE ACROSS NORTHERN MISSOURI AND CENTRAL ILLINOIS ON SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT BRINGING AN INCH OR TWO OF SNOW IN AREAS TO THE NORTH OF INTERSTATE 70. ( Or not, we aren't really sure but we might as well cover all the bases...)

ANOTHER STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO MOVE OUT OF THE SOUTHWESTERN UNITED STATES AND ACROSS THE MIDWEST BY THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER PARTS OF MISSOURI AND ILLINOIS AS SOON AS MONDAY AFTERNOON AS MOISTURE IS DRAWN NORTHWARD FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO IN ADVANCE OF THE STORM. (Damn that Gulf to helll!!!!)SEVERAL ROUNDS OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION ARE EXPECTED UNTIL THE STORM SYSTEM MOVES EAST OF THE AREA ON THURSDAY. THE PERSISTENT NATURE OF THE PRECIPITATION AND SUBFREEZING SURFACE TEMPERATURES BRINGS THE RISK OF SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW AND ICE NEXT WEEK. MOSTLY SNOW WITH SOME SLEET IS EXPECTED IN AREAS ALONG INTERSTATE 70 WITH A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SNOW AND SLEET OVER THE EASTERN OZARKS. (Or...you might all get the free Pony from President Obama...) :D

IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY WITH THE STRENGTH AND EXACT TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM. THIS CAN CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES HOW MUCH SNOW OR ICE WILL FALL AT ANY GIVEN LOCATION. PEOPLE SHOULD TREAT THIS STATEMENT AS ADVANCE NOTICE... AND STAY ABREAST OF THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS THIS WEEKEND. (And if nothing happens don't say we didn't say if might not!!!) (Now go out and buy food you don't need)

Oh, and The 2009 Hurricane Season is only 5 months away. :mad: ;)

May the FORCE be with you!

I can only say one thing: Sucks to be you... :D :p

From the NWS:
    Overnight: Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Light west northwest wind.

Sunday: Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 6 mph.

Sunday Night: Areas of fog after midnight. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Calm wind.

Monday: Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming north northeast between 5 and 8 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming east southeast between 7 and 10 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. East southeast wind between 7 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south between 4 and 7 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. Light southwest wind.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
    Thunderstorms and fog and heat, oh my!! On second thought, since maybe just 10% of the grass 'round here is green, that t-storm chance actually sounds good as long as it doesn't spark any wildfires. And the heat is somewhat better than the cold mornings and 40 temp differences (~25-35 in morning, ~65-70 afternoons) I've seen this past week. :)
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Sarasota,

According to the guys I relieved we can be looking for 1-3 inches of snow. The freezing rain outta be to the south of us.

If I get some free time today (not likely) I'll look at it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Sarasota,

According to the guys I relieved we can be looking for 1-3 inches of snow. The freezing rain outta be to the south of us.

If I get some free time today (not likely) I'll look at it myself.
    Thanks, they have a WS Watch out for tomorrow I see.

Issued by The National Weather Service
    St. Louis, MO
    4:08 am CST, Sun., Jan. 25, 2009

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

WINTRY PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE AREA BY MONDAY EVENING. SIGNIFICANT ICING IS POSSIBLE SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 44 IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI. A MIXTURE OF SLEET AND SNOW IS MORE LIKELY FURTHER NORTH TOWARD THE ST. LOUIS METRO AREA. HEAVY SLEET AND SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.
    A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ADVANCED NOTICE THAT SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS POSSIBLE IN THE WATCH AREA... IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A CERTAINTY. THOSE IN THE WATCH AREA SHOULD BEGIN PREPARING IN CASE THE STORM DOES MATERIALIZE. IF YOU HAVE TRAVEL PLANNED... YOU MAY WANT TO ADJUST YOUR TRAVEL TIME TO AVOID THE STORM. ALSO... YOU SHOULD USE THIS ADVANCED NOTICE TO MAKE CERTAIN YOUR VEHICLE IS WINTERIZED. (Duh! It's only friggen January.) MAKE PREPARATIONS AT HOME BY STOCKING EMERGENCY SUPPLIES... SUCH AS FOOD... MEDICINE... AND EXTRA HEATING FUEL... JUST IN CASE THE STORM MAKES TRAVEL IMPOSSIBLE. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR THOSE LIVING IN RURAL AREAS. (See! What I tell ya! Big Food, Big Pharma, AND Big Oil!!!) :D

... WINTER STORM TO AFFECT PARTS OF THE AREA EARLY NEXT WEEK...
    .AN ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM IS BUILDING INTO THE REGION BRINGING VERY COLD AIR TO MISSOURI AND ILLINOIS. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO STAY BELOW FREEZING AT LEAST THROUGH MID-WEEK. PRECIPITATION ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION ON TUESDAY EVENING. THE VERY COLD AIRMASS OVER THE AREA WILL INSURE THIS PRECIPITATION WILL FALL AS A WINTRY MIX OF SNOW... SLEET... AND FREEZING RAIN.

Our friend Chris from another board blames "Big Milk & Big Bread" for this! :D

Banned
    The pink Japanese Magnolia trees are blooming; that means that winter is almost over in the deep south.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The pink Japanese Magnolia trees are blooming; that means that winter is almost over in the deep south.

My wife said..."Be Quiet!!!" :D

We got about a half inch of snow today with 3 to 5 coming according
    to the TV weather guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    My wife said..."Be Quiet!!!" :D

We got about a half inch of snow today with 3 to 5 coming according
    to the TV weather guys.
    NWS is now saying a possible 9 inches from this event. I'm not holding my breath.

9. #19 Interesting 
    Banned
    I thought the bread and milk, pre-snow mania, was unique to Central Penna.

Learn something new every day.

Regards

Starting to snow here now.:( :D