Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1 "Boy The Vatican Sure Is Putting It To Omama Boy These Days ." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Vatican accuses Obama of 'arrogance'

    "Many people Have Noticed Obama's Hardheaded Arrogance and Lack Of Openness !"

    ROME: A senior Vatican official on Saturday attacked US President Barack Obama for "arrogance" for overturning a ban on state funding for family-planning groups that carry out or facilitate abortions overseas. It is "the arrogance of someone who believes they are right, in signing a decree which will open the door to abortion and thus to the destruction of human life," Archbishop Rino Fisichella was quoted as saying by the Corriere della Sera daily.

    Fisichella is president of the Pontifical Academy for Life, one of a number of so-called pontifical academies which are formed by or under the direction of the Holy See. "What is important is to know how to listen... without locking oneself into ideological visions with the arrogance of a person who, having the power, thinks they can decide on life and death," he added.

    Obama signed the executive order cancelling the eight-year-old restrictions on Friday, the third full day of his presidency. The so-called "global gag rule" cut off US funding to overseas family planning clinics which provide any abortion services whatsoever, from the operation itself to counselling, referrals or post-abortion services.

    "If this is one of the first acts of President Obama, with all due respect, it seems to me that the path towards disappointment will have been very short," Fisichella said. "I do not believe that those who voted for him took into consideration ethical themes, which were astutely left aside during the election debate. The majority of the American population does not take the same position as the president and his team," he added.

    The order won Obama praise from Democratic lawmakers, family planning and women's rights groups but drew angry condemnation from pro-life organisations and Republicans. More than 250 health and human rights organisations from around the world sent Obama a letter, thanking him for ending a policy "which has contributed to the deaths and injuries of countless women and girls."

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/W...ow/4027443.cms
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    724
    What is important is to know how to listen... without locking oneself into ideological visions with the arrogance of a person who, having the power, thinks they can decide on life and death," he added.
    It is obvious that the Holy See doesn't know that they are talking about the messiah! He has the power to destroy this country and a few others and that is probably what he will do.

    "If this is one of the first acts of President Obama, with all due respect, it seems to me that the path towards disappointment will have been very short,"
    I never respected him or his policies so I can't be disappointed.

    The majority of the American population does not take the same position as the president and his team," he added.
    Makes no difference whether the the plebeians agree or disagree with the messiah, well until around election time then it will matter. American voters have short attention spans and from the number that voted for the messiah, they are also morons.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals




    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,444
    People remember that Clinton also did this in 1993, right? This isn't new to Obama. The Mexico City policy has been a high-profile, low-impact football tossed back and forth with each administration.

    Why should we be following the orders of the Vatican, or even particularly care about their stance on issues?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    People remember that Clinton also did this in 1993, right? This isn't new to Obama. The Mexico City policy has been a high-profile, low-impact football tossed back and forth with each administration.

    Why should we be following the orders of the Vatican, or even particularly care about their stance on issues?
    Where did you read that the Vatican was issuing orders to anyone?
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals




    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,335
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    People remember that Clinton also did this in 1993, right? This isn't new to Obama. The Mexico City policy has been a high-profile, low-impact football tossed back and forth with each administration.

    Why should we be following the orders of the Vatican, or even particularly care about their stance on issues?
    Because a goodly portion of this country is Catholic and put lots of stock in what the Pope says. Enough pepole to influence an election should the unit and vote as a block.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Because a goodly portion of this country is Catholic and put lots of stock in what the Pope says. Enough pepole to influence an election should the unit and vote as a block.
    Catholics come in many 'shades' and most are very stubborn people .They keep their faith , as they understand it ,as their parents did, to varying degrees but many disregard anyone, including their bishops,when they try telling them how they should vote .Politics and religion have become somewhat merged to some in this days Catholic church .

    Some who profess to be Catholics are in reality 'Palms and Ashes' Catholics who attend church just thrice a year and receive the body of Christ just once a year to fulfill their Easter Duty's .Some remain lifelong Democrats just because their parents voted that way and hated some past Republician leader who is long dead but not forgotten.They seem to see the abortion issue as less important than always voting against the Wealthy Conservative Republicans their daddy's worked for and hated.

    They,most Catholics,understand church teachings that abortion is murder most foul that exiles the sinner spiritually from the body of the Christ but within their family's an out of matrimony pregnancy of one of their children will be aborted to hide it from their parents. If their parents discover it there will be much shame and the loss of trust but eventual forgiveness .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,335
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Catholics come in many 'shades' and most are very stubborn people .They keep their faith , as they understand it ,as their parents did, to varying degrees but many disregard anyone, including their bishops,when they try telling them how they should vote .Politics and religion have become somewhat merged to some in this days Catholic church .

    Some who profess to be Catholics are in reality 'Palms and Ashes' Catholics who attend church just thrice a year and receive the body of Christ just once a year to fulfill their Easter Duty's .Some remain lifelong Democrats just because their parents voted that way and hated some past Republician leader who is long dead but not forgotten.They seem to see the abortion issue as less important than always voting against the Wealthy Conservative Republicans their daddy's worked for and hated.

    They,most Catholics,understand church teachings that abortion is murder most foul that exiles the sinner spiritually from the body of the Christ but within their family's an out of matrimony pregnancy of one of their children will be aborted to hide it from their parents. If their parents discover it there will be much shame and the loss of trust but eventual forgiveness .
    I know all that, that is why I say "should they vote as a block".

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I know all that, that is why I say "should they vote as a block".
    Do most Jews vote as a block,do Episcopalians vote as a block,do Baptists vote as a block,why ?If you "know That' why do you say they should vote together ?Catholics are split in their politics how can they vote in a block ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Because a goodly portion of this country is Catholic and put lots of stock in what the Pope says. Enough pepole to influence an election should the unit and vote as a block.
    Sadly they don't vote on order from him though, so it's a moot point.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    People remember that Clinton also did this in 1993, right? This isn't new to Obama. The Mexico City policy has been a high-profile, low-impact football tossed back and forth with each administration.

    Why should we be following the orders of the Vatican, or even particularly care about their stance on issues?
    Ever the liberal/Progressive apologist ."Low-impast football" sounds like an Obama/DNC talking point. Obama's on a mission to destroy all that was decent in the past administration to appease his masters and his bankers in California .

    Those weren't orders but simple observations and condemnations by a Catholic prelate of standing following his faith and the church's teachings and condemning Obama's policy of governmental Foreign aid sponsoring world wide infanticide .From your response You among many on the lefts quasi progressives having little regard for new human life and view it as inconvenient excess tissue to be removed with impunity .
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •