Thread: "Boy The Vatican Sure Is Putting It To Omama Boy These Days ."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Do most Jews vote as a block,do Episcopalians vote as a block,do Baptists vote as a block,why ?If you "know That' why do you say they should vote together ?Catholics are split in their politics how can they vote in a block ?

I didn't say they did, I said should they, as in if they could all get together, then they would be an election changing voting bloc. Most Jews do vote in a block, democrat. Baptists can be split down racial lines. Black Baptist tend to vote dem and white Baptists tend to vote republican. My point was not that they did vote as a block but if they could manage it they would be a force to be reckoned with.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Sadly they don't vote on order from him though, so it's a moot point.
    Many of them do.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    So was everyone equally indignant (including the Vatican) when Clinton did the same thing in 1993? Did all of you and the Vatican cheer when Reagan enacted it and Bush reversed the Clinton policy? That's what I mean by a football, it just gets tossed back and forth. By "low impact" (not "low-impast", Megi), I mean - can any person on this board name one specific thing that happened when either policy was in place?

Without looking it up.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So was everyone equally indignant (including the Vatican) when Clinton did the same thing in 1993? Did all of you and the Vatican cheer when Reagan enacted it and Bush reversed the Clinton policy? That's what I mean by a football, it just gets tossed back and forth. By "low impact" (not "low-impast", Megi), I mean - can any person on this board name one specific thing that happened when either policy was in place?

Without looking it up.
    Back then I was a pagan and pro-abortion since then I have come to learn the truth on a lot of things.

C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Without looking it up.
    Boy you are a ragged piece of work .With sharp eyes like that you should be an inspector in a pickle factory ."name one specific thing that happened when either policy was in place?" Yes when it was forbidden a lot of babies escaped death by abortion payed for by American tax payers !

Boy you are a ragged piece of work .With sharp eyes like that you should be an inspector in a pickle factory ."name one specific thing that happened when either policy was in place?" Yes when it was forbidden a lot of babies escaped death by abortion payed for by American tax payers !
    You took the words right out of my mouth.:D

C. S. Lewis

Banned
    [SIZE="3"]Boy you are a ragged piece of work .With sharp eyes like that you should be an inspector in a pickle factory
    That is a classic line, Megimoo. A classic I tell you.:)

He said he was going to do so during the campaign, so it's not like it's a surprise or anything. And, yeah, Clinton did the same thing. It's just one of those things that a president can do right away to make a certain part of his base happy-Bush probably signed the opposite bill shortly after taking office.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He said he was going to do so during the campaign, so it's not like it's a surprise or anything. And, yeah, Clinton did the same thing. It's just one of those things that a president can do right away to make a certain part of his base happy-Bush probably signed the opposite bill shortly after taking office.
    Bush did, of course, on the symbolic January 22nd.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Like "'I voted for it Before I voted against It ? RINO Politicians are such whores !