Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Wait. Abortion upsets you because you need future taxpayers to support your welfare leeching ass?

I always thought it was a religious thing.
    I often see that as an argument - "Social Security wouldn't be in trouble if those babies hadn't been aborted". Saying we got rid of people who could have been our indentured servants is not a very noble argument, but it's frequently used.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Hi Everyone,

I think this thread has gotten a little off track, when I started this I was looking for answer as what we could do about insane Hussein. It really doesn't matter who wanted to close gitmo, the fact is this celebrity president is doing it and abortion is just plain evil and to use taxpayer money from 58 million people who did not vote for this guy is wrong. What I would like to see is a discussion of what we can do to control our servants in government, other than waiting 4 years to try and vote them out. This is not a republican thing, this is a conservative matter and we have to step up to the plate and be heard loudly, but how do we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    That's been pretty much the format. Anyway, haven't we gone over this already? McCain wanted to close Gitmo too, but nobody seemed to mind:
    I'd like to see Gitmo closed too. I'd like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to end too. I'd like it if Israel didn't bomb Gaza anymore. Bush pretty much said the same thing. I think most everybody would like to see the end of warring and conflict.

The difference between this kind of thinking and the vacuous liberal thought process is that you should do those things when they aren't necessary anymore. You close Gitmo when there are no more terrorists that threaten our security or there are better facilities to take its place. You end the wars when the Iraqis and Afghans are ready and able to protect their population from Islamists. Israel stops bombing Gaza when Hamas stops lobbing rockets into Israel and indicate they desire to coexist peacefully with Israel.

It was funny to see the reaction of some MSM people to Obummer's action this week. I think it was Brian Williams discussing Gitmo with David Gregory. Suddenly they're getting an awareness to the implications of the actions. Where will the terrorists go if they're released? They gave several examples of where some were released and went right back to orchestrating attacks, one responsible for the bombing of one of our embassies. Obummer probably hasn't thought it through, either. He just wanted to show he's keeping his campaign promises. This is one time I'd like to see politicians break their promises, just for the good of the country.

Obummer wants to pull out of Iraq in 16 months. What kind of stupid comes up with a number like that? What if things get worse there? And what of the possibility that Iraqi military gets their act together and eradicates the enemy? Why not begin a massive pull out within a month if that should happen? Certainly the surge dramatically improved conditions there within a very short time period. Again, this is the kind of thinking that liberals are seemingly unable to grasp. They need a "plan" drawn up, as if a war could be scheduled and an enemy's actions were totally predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster
    Abortion upsets you because you need future taxpayers to support your welfare leeching ass?

I always thought it was a religious thing.
    I'm certain JenT's much more concerned with preventing the slaughter of millions of innocent children rather than their future ability to provide her retirement security. It's obvious that millions of others don't think that way. If they can't see the wrong in the slaughter, perhaps an appeal to their greed will provide an impetus for halting the massacre.
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I often see that as an argument - "Social Security wouldn't be in trouble if those babies hadn't been aborted". Saying we got rid of people who could have been our indentured servants is not a very noble argument, but it's frequently used.

Most of those potential babies would probably be on unemployment and paying nothing into Social Security at this point in time. Burger King is laying people off, these days.