Thread: Kids' rooms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kids' rooms 
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    At what point do you give in and say they are old enough to live in the pigsty they have created? The constant war between Tristan and myself over the cleanliness of his room has me extremely frustrated. My mom told me that she just quit trying with the boys at around 12. I'm a tad more stubborn. Should I continue to enforce my clean room policy or just leave his room to the disaster it will become?

Feel free to move this to The Whiny Zone.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    At what point do you give in and say they are old enough to live in the pigsty they have created? The constant war between Tristan and myself over the cleanliness of his room has me extremely frustrated. My mom told me that she just quit trying with the boys at around 12. I'm a tad more stubborn. Should I continue to enforce my clean room policy or just leave his room to the disaster it will become?
    Leave, but within reason. The exceptions should be no food, no food, no food...that's only begging for critters and disgust. Another should be that part of the floor should be clear (at least a path)...think of what your shoes step on all day and then trample on clean clothes (or dirty ones that will get worn again). Also, make sure nothing valuable is on the ground to get stepped on.

In my opinion:

OK

OK

Not OK
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Feel free to move this to The Whiny Zone.:p
    Continue to enforce the best you can without going nuts over it.

Draw the line when he want's to smoke pot in his bed room.:D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    How much is Tristan contributing to the mortgage? The amount of autonomy he has should be directly proportional to the economic support he offers to the household.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Well, My last son at home is 16, and my Wife is still in a constant battle with him. If she doesn't blow a gasket, she probably will continue the fight, till he's gone. Some days she just goes in, in full battle mode, and cleans it herself, cussing the whole time about him being a pig.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    AHeneen, I don't find any of those pics acceptable.:eek: I like Linda's post. I'm going to start telling him to give me money or shut up and clean his room.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsedriver View Post
    Well, My last son at home is 16, and my Wife is still in a constant battle with him. If she doesn't blow a gasket, she probably will continue the fight, till he's gone. Some days she just goes in, in full battle mode, and cleans it herself, cussing the whole time about him being a pig.
    You seem to be completely outside this process; it's wife vs. son. Do you weigh in on her side?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

BSR
    AHeneen, I don't find any of those pics acceptable.:eek: I like Linda's post. I'm going to start telling him to give me money or shut up and clean his room.:p
    You're going to extort money from your tween? That's just messed up.. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    You're going to extort money from your tween? That's just messed up.. :mad:
    How else will she get him used to the U. S. tax structure?