Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DU Paranoia - The Gift That Keeps On Giving! 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=4899259

babsbunny (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-23-09 06:53 PM
    Original message
    Anyone else wonder if their phone is tapped?
    Advertisements [?]Well, almost everyday my Sister and I hear a click, that sounds like an extention is being picked up, then sometimes we actually hear it hang up. We always ask each other, "did you hear that"? When do you think Obama will have this stopped?
    The number of DUmmies who chime in with their own phone tapping, mail sabotage stories is amazing!! Some things never change!! :D
    Donald Ian Rankin (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 12:51 PM
    Response to Original message
    85. This is DU - shame is in short supply around here.

This is the best thread they've had over there in a long time. They're having a paranoid field day, complete with a Canadian who thinks the US tapped her phone for criticizing Iraq and a guy who thinks his phone has been tapped for 25 years. Here's my favorite:

sfexpat2000 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Fri Jan-23-09 07:10 PM
    Response to Reply #9
    17. All my packages where sliced open and taped shut again.
    I buy on line and that year, had to buy a bunch of stuff for our new place. They all came pre-opened and taped shut again after I started helping MoveOn with their book. I asked the post office about it and they couldn't help me.

Stupid.

The tap on our phone didn't go away until just before the election. But, I used to be an "O" operator and this wasn't static on the line or anything I'd ever heard before. Like Lynn says, these are the stupidest motherfuckers on the planet and a fat lot of good it did them to listen to me plan the holidays with my mom. If they were trying to scare me, they failed bigtime.

The idiot thinks they tapped her phone and opened her mail because she joined Moveon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=4899259

The number of DUmmies who chime in with their own phone tapping, mail sabotage stories is amazing!! Some things never change!! :D
    That fact that they believe they know something worth having their phone tapped speaks volumes about their over inflated sense of importance.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Thats funny!!!

Apparently the intel community was so efficient that they had nothing better to do than fulfill these DUmmies wet dream of actually being significant.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

This isn't the 1960's, phones don't buzz, click, get static, or otherwise make any noise what-so-ever when they're tapped. It's all digital, and there's no "tap" used anymore, that shit went out decades ago. If your phone line is "tapped", it's not the federal government listening in - it's your pshyco boyfriend/husband who bought a cheap little $20 recorder from The Spy Store so he could listen in on your phone calls.

I know these hippies are stuck in the '60's but seriously, the rest of the world isn't.

Do you guys remember the DUmmy that had their house for sale? They had a "for sale by owner" sign out in the front yard. Mysteriously after the sign was placed outside of their house they started getting "drive bys" where strange cars would pull into their driveway, sit for a few minutes, then leave. The DUmmy was absolutely convinced it was the fed's watching her. That had to be the funniest shiznit I read in a very long time.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    This isn't the 1960's, phones don't buzz, click, get static, or otherwise make any noise what-so-ever when they're tapped. It's all digital, and there's no "tap" used anymore, that shit went out decades ago. If your phone line is "tapped", it's not the federal government listening in - it's your pshyco boyfriend/husband who bought a cheap little $20 recorder from The Spy Store so he could listen in on your phone calls.

I know these hippies are stuck in the '60's but seriously, the rest of the world isn't.

Do you guys remember the DUmmy that had their house for sale? They had a "for sale by owner" sign out in the front yard. Mysteriously after the sign was placed outside of their house they started getting "drive bys" where strange cars would pull into their driveway, sit for a few minutes, then leave. The DUmmy was absolutely convinced it was the fed's watching her. That had to be the funniest shiznit I read in a very long time.
    I remember that one.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

We used to have weird static and clicks on our phone, too. Then we had the phone wiring fixed.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Hey, I found it!

DemoTex (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-30-06 02:44 AM

FBI/CIA visitation at my mountain house Friday: POST 2
    Edited on Mon Jan-30-06 02:47 AM by DemoTex

Please print this out, and tuck it away in a DEMOTEX file:

I split to Greenville and re-set some phone and computer parameters for the mountains. Tonight, I'm back at the mountain house and the phone is clacking and beeping like crazy.

I have had close surveillence of my house, almost every day, by close drive-ups. That may be due to the "FOR SALE" signs. But other owners with property for sale at Round Mountain report, occasionally, the same. (EDIT) "The same" meaning that, the same.

I'm at least profiled. HoooRay!
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    Hey, I found it!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah, that's the one I remember too! :D

I was gonna say that any phone stuff going on now would not be
    dectectable by clicks and crap. These fools are just too funny.
    May the FORCE be with you!