Hybrid View

1. #1 Hell, No, Baby Alex Won't Go 
    From Bill O, I heard the ad but did not see it, tv in the other room. Soros and his ilk are moonbats!

baby Alex

Have you seen the Baby Alex political ad that the radical-left, George Soros-funded organization "MoveOn" has produced? To some, it plays like a Saturday Night Live skit, but the intent is deadly serious: to damage John McCain.

In the ad, a young mother holding a baby says:

"Hi, John McCain, this is Alex and he's my first. ... So, John McCain, when you say you would stay in Iraq for a hundred years, were you counting on Alex? Because, if you were, you can't have him."

I know, you think I'm making that up. No way. These loopy MoveOn people spent more than a half-million dollars making and marketing the ad. No word on what Baby Alex's cut was.

My question is this: Who on earth would take that message seriously? What kind of voter is that supposed to reach?

The basic premise of the ad was a conversation from last January between Sen. McCain and the late Tim Russert. McCain told Russert that U.S. troops are needed around the world but we have to keep them safe. The Q and A went like this:

Russert: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years.

McCain: Maybe 100. … We've been in South Korea -- we've been in Japan for 60 years. That'd be fine with me, as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed. Continued

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    I must have seen it about 100 times over the weekend, on various channels. What's interesting is that it started out as a MoveOn.org ad, now it's shown as being sponsored by AFSCME.