Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Obviously you forgot the story that broke during election season when Google was dropping Conservative blogs.
    Domain bias.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Obviously you forgot the story that broke during election season when Google was dropping Conservative blogs.
    Yes, I did... but coming from an industry that is heavily into web marketing, I know first hand that there unbelievable amounts myths legends and wives tales about Google and its ranking systems.... very little evidence to back any of it up. When a site gets dropped they get even worse... as no one wants to actually face the fact that their site did something that looked fishy, or that they lost relevance. When ever something happens that is different from some webmaster, blogger,or administrators expectations, the rumors start flying. The superstition surrounding Google and its page rankings is dangerously close to mysticism and voodoo these days.

Given all that and the right media's absolute fetish for being excluded (they take comfort in feeling censored)... I'd say its almost a given that this sort of thing would happen no matter what.

Reading up on this, and so far nothing seems compelling... other than a few sites had some problems or frustrations with Google. Welcome to the club.
    Last edited by wilbur; 01-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Wow, I'm sure no climatologist has thought of that AmPat! Alert the press!
    What, too nuanced for you? The point that goes over your widdle dwarf head is that the earth has been gradually cooling for at least a couple of years. It was lighthearted humor but in the true form of Liberals worldwide, you show your butt.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I kind of figured that Google was more of a liberal-leaning business. They made a deal to move some of their operations to Ann Arbor, MI, and they made that deal with a liberal governor. I'll bet Lockheed Martin and Halliburton employees are more biased toward conservatives/republicans.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone with a conservative bias starts his or her own search engine.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I kind of figured that Google was more of a liberal-leaning business. They made a deal to move some of their operations to Ann Arbor, MI, and they made that deal with a liberal governor. I'll bet Lockheed Martin and Halliburton employees are more biased toward conservatives/republicans.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone with a conservative bias starts his or her own search engine.
    If you look hard enough (Don't Google)You can find hundreds of different kinds of search engines .They are tailored for certain categories .For example if you were looking for a certain kind of rose for your garden there is a search engine just for types of flowers and seeds .Some use a call to a number of search company's and tabulate the results into variable number of sites.One that I use quite often is www.Dogpile.com .