Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DUmmy Economist Wants To Close Wal-Mart To Create More And New Jobs 
    NM Independent (614 posts) Sun Jan-25-09 12:03 AM
    Original message
    Fix the economy! Shut Down WALMART! Rely on Small Business!
    If I had to think of ONE thing, aside from trickle-down/deregulation economics, that had more to do with the mess we are in than anything else it would be...

Tada...WALMART

Over the years I have watched this town whither away due to the increase in size of Walmart. At first, they were an okay store, and they were attached to our only Mall which helped out the other businesses. They prided themselves on selling mostly American merchandise. Then they added on an auto service section and a grocery store, and a couple of our smallest tire shops, oil change places, and farmer's markets all went under.

Then came SUPER WALMART.

It wasn't long before more and more small businesses disappeared, only to be replaced be the next corporate invaders -- Home Depot has killed off most of the small hardware and specialty stores. Smaller hole in the wall restaurants have disappeared with the appearance of the corporate chains. Computer stores are all but gone thanks to OfficeMax and others. I could of course go on and on and on.

I have a solution. Wake up the sheeple to stop buying Chinese crap and SHUT DOWN WALMART!!

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it, but if it were to happen I believe we would see an incredible invigoration in small business. The doors would once again be open for people to build their own businesses again.

Small American businesses buying from small American businesses. Can you imagine? I can. I'm only 31 and I can remember it in MY lifetime.

Any suggestions?

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4904649

I suggest you take a course In Economics.

Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    I suggest you take a course In Economics.
    I also suggest that he watch the Season 5 Episode of the show Penn & Teller: BullSh!t. It busts out all the Walmart hatred myths. P & T kick arse. :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well...it would cripple the ChiComs. :D

More delusions from the DUmpster.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I also suggest that he watch the Season 5 Episode of the show Penn & Teller: BullSh!t. It busts out all the Walmart hatred myths. P & T kick arse. :D
    Love that show.

Right, higher prices for consumers, fewer jobs, and less benefits are going to help the average Joe in a tight economy.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it, but if it were to happen I believe we would see an incredible invigoration in small business. The doors would once again be open for people to build their own businesses again.
    Typical lefty lunatic operating from emotion. Shut something down without and clue as to the ramifications of the closures nor any idea what to do next. Hell this moron should be NOBAMA's economic advisor. Maybe he already is one for the messiah.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

stupid, insane and yes, fascist.

You would take away 1.4 million jobs and have nothing to replace them with.

Those same business you want to create won't have benefits ( they couldn't afford them) and those same small businesses buy their stuff from Sam's Clubs, so they wouldn't have supplior.

Besides those businesses don't hire people with disablities, or seniors.

Moonbats always wanting answers that make them feel good instead of looking for what works.

Besides, those assholes want to take away my job !!!!!!
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

What about Target and Costco? They are just as "bad" as WalMart?

"Oh, but we can't close down Target and Costco! Think of all of those unionized jobs that we will lose.";)

And that, folks, is what the real fight against WalMart is about. Liberals cont stand how big WalMart got without unionizing their employees, and how WalMart fights the unions even today. I gaurantee that is if WalMart will unionize tomorrow (god forbid), the libs will love WalMart.
    Licenced New York State EMT-B

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post

Besides, those assholes want to take away my job !!!!!!

Them Goobacks took my job!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

"If I had to think of ONE thing, aside from trickle-down/deregulation economics, that had more to do with the mess we are in than anything else it would be..."
    It kills me that the DUmmie mentions Wal- Mart, rather than, say, the housing crisis, or the problems with Fannie & Freddie (Both of which, ironically enough, are largely the fault of Democrats in Congress).