Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1 View Post
    What about Target and Costco? They are just as "bad" as WalMart?

"Oh, but we can't close down Target and Costco! Think of all of those unionized jobs that we will lose.";)

And that, folks, is what the real fight against WalMart is about. Liberals cont stand how big WalMart got without unionizing their employees, and how WalMart fights the unions even today. I gaurantee that is if WalMart will unionize tomorrow (god forbid), the libs will love WalMart.

How can you be so calloused? Target is owned by the French, how dare you suggest such blasphemy.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I don't think Target and Costco are unionized. I may be wrong, but the only retail chain I know of with a union is Meijer. I worked at K-Mart and a local department store (now long gone), and neither had a union. The UAW tried to get into Hudson's (Dayton-Hudson's, at the time, now Macys), and never could.

Meijer is owned by conservatives, though, so DUers still might not want to shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Right, higher prices for consumers, fewer jobs, and less benefits are going to help the average Joe in a tight economy.
    Isn't that the way Regan did it? :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Target is owned by the French,
    Do you really believe this? :o
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think Target and Costco are unionized. I may be wrong, but the only retail chain I know of with a union is Meijer. I worked at K-Mart and a local department store (now long gone), and neither had a union. The UAW tried to get into Hudson's (Dayton-Hudson's, at the time, now Macys), and never could.

Meijer is owned by conservatives, though, so DUers still might not want to shop there.
    You are right about Target, and I stand corrected on that. But some Costco stores on the west coast are unionized.
    Licenced New York State EMT-B

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Do you really believe this? :o
    Do you mean that I'm not supposed to pronounce it Tar-jay :p

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    Do you mean that I'm not supposed to pronounce it Tar-jay :p
    Sure you can. I think that's what has misled some people to believe it's French, though!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mark1 View Post
    You are right about Target, and I stand corrected on that. But some Costco stores on the west coast are unionized.

Unions are not really popular among retail workers. They don't make much money, many are students working their way through college or part-time workers who are making a little extra money for their families, and they don't want to pay union dues. Union dues can be a big chunk out of a small check.