Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Drudge: Pelosi Says Birth Control Will Help Economy 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Drudge: Pelosi Says Birth Control Will Help Economy

http://www.drudgereport.com/ ^
    No details yet, it's the main headline though...

This is our speaker. Mind boggling. When will the Dems wake up and can this useless flesh!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsedriver View Post
    This is our speaker. Mind boggling. When will the Dems wake up and can this useless flesh!
    Why should they. They BELIEVE this crap.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Banned
    I don't know the context of her comment... but how does one automatically assert that this is false?

We know there are definite links between single parenthood and poverty... without B/C we would certainly have many more single parents... seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I don't know the context of her comment... but how does one automatically assert that this is false?

We know there are definite links between single parenthood and poverty... without B/C we would certainly have many more single parents... seems reasonable to me.
    I don't think the context matters. This is not a stimulus for the economy! Niether is more than half the crap they have in there.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I don't think the context matters. This is not a stimulus for the economy! Niether is more than half the crap they have in there.
    I dunno, reading the rest of the story, I can see how it wouldn't necessarily fit the bill as 'stimulus', nor should be in a stimulus bill.... but birth control availability or lack there of, does actually have consequences for the economy... conclusively.

I dunno, reading the rest of the story, I can see how it wouldn't necessarily fit the bill as 'stimulus', nor should be in a stimulus bill.... but birth control availability or lack there of, does actually have consequences for the economy... conclusively.

Nothing in this stimulus package is anything but pork!!

Stimulate us with a 6 month tax holiday! Now that would work.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

The only way Birth Control can help the economy is if we can go back in our time machines and give it to the mothers of Pelosi, Frank, Dodd, Obama, Kerry, Clinton, etc...;)

But in all honesty, how expensive are contraceptives? I just checked the Long's website, and it looks like condoms tend to be between 50 cents and 1 dollar each. Plus many places offer free condoms. Basic contraception is hardly out of reach for the average American, so how can the argument be made that it is unavailable? How will putting money towards contraceptives improve the economy when I don't know of any evidence that people are having children because they can't afford contraception? The more common reason is that they didn't think to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    But in all honesty, how expensive are contraceptives? I just checked the Long's website, and it looks like condoms tend to be between 50 cents and 1 dollar each. Plus many places offer free condoms. Basic contraception is hardly out of reach for the average American, so how can the argument be made that it is unavailable? How will putting money towards contraceptives improve the economy when I don't know of any evidence that people are having children because they can't afford contraception? The more common reason is that they didn't think to use it.
    And "no" is always free. :D
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!