Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I had 5 kids, all while I was poor. I went back to college when I only had 3, had the 4th a month before graduation.
    Being poor isn't harmful to kids, at least they grow up expecting to work for a living.
    People can have as many children as they want, as long as they don't expect me, the taxpayer, to support them. That's the parents' job.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Liberals are not the originators of this concept. Liberals created the environment of "free love, open homosexuality, if it feels good do it, etc." :

And? What's wrong with those things? Nothing. As long as you do so in a safe and healthy manner, and do not infringe on others' rights.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I agree up to the liberal crap. Liberals are not the originators of this concept. Liberals created the environment of "free love, open homosexuality, if it feels good do it, etc." Conservatives, namely Evangelical Christians, (those quaint little backwards people that Liberals despise), popularized this.

Once again, Conservatives are 100% correct.
    I'd wager there that most people actually do most things, primarily because they feel good in some sense. Maybe an act takes sacrifice, pain and hard-work, but may still be done for the sake of some other beneficial feeling that will come later... sense of accomplishment, pride, expression of love etc.

"If it feels good, do it" does not preclude hard-work, self sacrifice or even pain.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Poor people should't have children.
    Agree in principle. Material wealth doesn't necessarily match one's parenting ability. If a person is having trouble making ends meet, they need to think long and hard about making the circle bigger.

Poor people should be practicing safe sex and birth control.
    Agree

Only those who are financially and emotionally secure should bring babies into the world.
    Mankind will be extinct in two generations. And who exactly is going to determine who is emotionally secure enough to have kids, which leads to....

Once again, liberals are 100% correct.
    Wrong. Liberals want the government to provide the birth control, the education about how to use it and the abortions when government learning techniques fail (again). Personal responsibility, not reliance on the government. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

only a leftist would see death as an economic stimulus . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I liked this little jewel at the link regarding their pledges to end slavery:
    it raises the question of exactly how they plan to free these slaves. I'm all for it, but I realize that it is likely to require massive use of the military and what might amount to a full-on war with the primary institution supporting the continued existence of slavery, Islam. I don't think they get this. Their understanding seems to be at the level of "slavery is baaaaad" with no greater knowledge of the realities of the issue. Do they realize that only weeks after their last protest against the Iraq war they are now advocating all-out holy war against Islam?
    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2009/01/25/151935.php

This is typical of liberals. Gitmo bad, must "Close Gitmo!" Even their god in Chief doesn't get it. Have a plan first, then make your politically influenced pronouncements. This after all was their most accurate denunciation of the Iraq war, the previous administration's failure to plan for success after the war.

"Bring home the troops!" Don't worry your pretty little little heads about the most likely result of that pronouncement, DEFEAT. Or if you prefer a more positive word, VICTORY for radical islam.

Iraq is now a mere 16 months from horror. 16 months from taking Afghanistan's place as the top training ground for terrorists. Too bad the liberals don't have a Bat phone straight to Bin Laden's cave, they could have called him first so that Al JIZZera could get this intel out to their troops in the field.
    Last edited by AmPat; 01-27-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    And? What's wrong with those things? Nothing. As long as you do so in a safe and healthy manner, and do not infringe on others' rights.
    They are infringing on my right to not having to watch Fred and Barney french kiss and prance around in their nighties in the public eye. If Fred and Barney could have done that in the privacy of their bedroom and not throw it in our faces publicly, alright. To make it a political platform issue and organize PUBLIC parades around your perversity, it's a problem for our society as a whole. Free love has lead to an EXPLOSION of single parent homes which leads to pover4ty which begats CRIME. Argue away as to doing these things quietly and without fanfare. That is NOT the way the Liberals promote their perversity and you know it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand