Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    And "no" is always free. :D
    True, but I'm thinking that isn't very practical between a married couple, at least not long term :p

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    True, but I'm thinking that isn't very practical between a married couple, at least not long term :p
    You're not married, are you?

:p
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You're not married, are you?

:p
    Umm, no :o

This woman is a blithering idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFU_jE9WasM

Quote Originally Posted by Celestron View Post
    This woman is a blithering idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFU_jE9WasM
    Wow, California pays for contraception? I did not know that. I can think of several people I went to college with who would have found that very interesting :p

California is in a budget crisis, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't because the government is spending its money of contraception.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I don't know the context of her comment... but how does one automatically assert that this is false?

We know there are definite links between single parenthood and poverty... without B/C we would certainly have many more single parents... seems reasonable to me.
    Fat Welfare Woman At Checkout: Hmmmm! Twinkies or Rubbers? .

Honestly, how expensive is it for the poverty moths to buy their own contraceptives?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

On the other hand, reducing birth numbers will have a bad long-term affect on the country. It only takes 18 years to raise a kid, and many have jobs before their 18th birthday. Once they start working, they spend the rest of their lives helping to support our government, social security and medicare. The vast majority of all children born end up being an overall asset to their country.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Poor people should't have children. Poor people should be practicing safe sex and birth control. Only those who are financially and emotionally secure should bring babies into the world. Once again, liberals are 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Poor people should't have children. Poor people should be practicing safe sex and birth control. Only those who are financially and emotionally secure should bring babies into the world. Once again, liberals are 100% correct.
    I had 5 kids, all while I was poor. I went back to college when I only had 3, had the 4th a month before graduation.

The oldest did 2 years in the Army, went to college on the GI bill, earned his Bachelor's this year. The second went back to college while working and raising her first child, now has a Bachelor's, 2 kids, a great job, owns her own house, etc. The rest are still growing up, we'll see how they turn out. Being poor isn't harmful to kids, at least they grow up expecting to work for a living.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I agree up to the liberal crap. Liberals are not the originators of this concept. Liberals created the environment of "free love, open homosexuality, if it feels good do it, etc." Conservatives, namely Evangelical Christians, (those quaint little backwards people that Liberals despise), popularized this.

Once again, Conservatives are 100% correct.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand