Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sonnabend
    No. Adding information. Is that frowned upon?
    Not at all, gentle Linda.:)

My point on this is that the ball was one he should have known not to miss. He could have skipped others...I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a screwup...and one he should have known not to make.

If he didnt know and no one told him how important this had been....that's a bad slip and a poor indication of the quality of staff he has at his disposal.

Pres. Bush would have been vilified, had this been his error.

The hypocrisy is sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Not at all, gentle Linda.:)

My point on this is that the ball was one he should have known not to miss. He could have skipped others...I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a screwup...and one he should have known not to make.

If he didnt know and no one told him how important this had been....that's a bad slip and a poor indication of the quality of staff he has at his disposal.

Pres. Bush would have been vilified, had this been his error.

The hypocrisy is sickening.
    It's par of what happens when you hire people who are partisan hacks.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    I don't know why he didn't attend that one. I've seen an article that says that it was in a hotel that was not easy to secure, and that he managed to attend six balls in fairly quick order because they were all at the Convention Center. I don't know how the decisions are made; the C-in-C ball that he hosted shows, I think, that he didn't snub the military overall.

If we want to get really indignant about something, how about that chenille bedspread Michelle wore? As a friend of mine said, "She's going to live to regret that dress. That dress won't go back into the closet, it goes to the Smithsonian."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Sonnabend
    That's fine, Linda, keep making excuses for him.Anything but admit that the ball he skipped was one that NO President in fifty years had missed.

If we want to get really indignant about something, how about that chenille bedspread Michelle wore
    How about we get indignant that he skipped a major ball that was there for winners of the Medal of Honour.

Liberals.....

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Medal of Honour.
    I didn't realize Australia got their spelling from Britain as well.

Sheesh.

Sonnabend
    I didn't realize Australia got their spelling from Britain as well.
    Of course..not my fault if you lot can't spell :D:D

I wrote my congressman today and let him have an earful of this. When no president, I repeat "NO" President in over 50 years have ever missed this ball, it sends shivers down my back when the First one does and may start a trend, for one side anyway.