Thread: Gran Torino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Gran Torino 
    The wife and I went to see this movie Saturday night. Awesome movie. Possibly Eastwoods best performance (Unforgiven being the only one close). Anyone who hasn't seen it, go, it's worth the price of admission. Definitely a quotable movie, which is always a plus for me.

A couple of good quotes, without ruining the movie.....

Duke: What you lookin' at old man?
    Walt Kowalski(Eastwood): Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.

Walt Kowalski: Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here."
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Yeah, I saw it with my parents a couple weeks ago. Apart from all the obscenities and racial slurs slung around, it was a really enjoyable movie.

Banned
    I saw it with my Mother yesterday pretty damn good only fault IMHO is they slung those racial epitaphs a bit to much but other then that it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I saw it with my Mother yesterday pretty damn good only fault IMHO is they slung those racial epitaphs a bit to much but other then that it was very good.
    It's definitely not for those with tender ears.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The wife and I went to see this movie Saturday night. Awesome movie. Possibly Eastwoods best performance (Unforgiven being the only one close). Anyone who hasn't seen it, go, it's worth the price of admission. Definitely a quotable movie, which is always a plus for me.

A couple of good quotes, without ruining the movie.....

Duke: What you lookin' at old man?
    Walt Kowalski(Eastwood): Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.

Walt Kowalski: Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here."
    I like the scene with the three black guys and he reaches in and pulls out his hand shaped as a gun and pretends to pull back the trigger and then goes back into his coat and pulls a real gun out lol

I like the scene with the three black guys and he reaches in and pulls out his hand shaped as a gun and pretends to pull back the trigger and then goes back into his coat and pulls a real gun out lol
    That was priceless.:D

I'm going to see it this Friday.

Could you see a movie like Blazing saddles being made today? That's reality...that there's hate and that people actually say those things.

No one has any problems with showing the dark side when it comes to sex or violence. So why should we get all conservative with epithets?
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 01-27-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: for my stupidity on epithets.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

No one has any problems with showing the dark side when it comes to sex or violence.
    or racial slurs directed at straight white men.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I'm going to see it this Friday.

Could you see a movie like Blazing saddles being made today? That's reality...that there's hate and that people actually say those things.

No one has any problems with showing the dark side when it comes to sex or violence. So why should we get all conservative with epitaphs?
    My problem is not that they said them, I thought they went overboard to try to sell to the audience that this guy is a racist.

Power CUer
    Racial epitaphs? They had racial remarks carved on people's gravestones?

Could you possibly mean epithets?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken