Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    If it comes down to feeding my kid or trying to maintain an image..I'm feeding my kid and will do whatever it takes, including flipping burgers!
    Thankfully, Tristan loves Ramen so that will never be an issue.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Thankfully, Tristan loves Ramen so that will never be an issue.:p
    you are lucky! Mine likes prime rib, lobster, crab, shrimp...won't eat anything she doesn't consider "healthy"
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It will be in the mid 80s here with scattered showers. My super new and improved composting system is almost finished and it looks terrific. With the bulk of the planting and infrastructure work completed, it will soon be time to knit socks. Life is good. :)

TOTD: We have always worked with the Crippled Spouse System: either of us can meet all the expenses if one of us is unemployed. It's happened, too. Aside from that we have a pretty robust emergency account.

When we bought our first house we did not look for our "dream" house, we looked for a house within walking distance of 4 bus routes and a grocery store (in case we lost the car). It had to have a mortgage that either of us could pay alone (in case one of us lost a job). All those things happened and we were fine.

So, it's not just the number of dollars in savings, it's a whole financial approach.
    Glad someone else has my way of thinking. I've always been conservative and always kept a cash reserve. With the markets the way they are, I'm glad that I did that. We live nicely, but pay all the bills and can survive if something happens. That makes me feel better than fancy vacations or big cars.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    you are lucky! Mine likes prime rib, lobster, crab, shrimp...won't eat anything she doesn't consider "healthy"
    You've trained her well. It's much more expensive to eat healthy. That reminds me, they're opening the new Whole Foods a couple miles from the house. It opens Wednesday. Yay! I love that place.