Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Senate confirms Geithner as Treasury Secretary 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Colin Barr, Fortune senior writer
    Last Updated: January 26, 2009: 7:00 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Senate lawmakers voted Monday to confirm Tim Geithner as the next Treasury secretary amid ongoing uncertainty about the nation's economic future.

Geithner, who will spearhead President Obama's response to the financial crisis that threatens to unravel economic growth around the globe, won approval by a vote of 60 to 34.

Following the vote, President Obama and Vice-President Biden went to the Treasury Department to immediately swear Geithner in.

Link
    May the FORCE be with you!

Patent Member
    Awesome.

I fully expect them to appoint an escaped felon to the Dept. of Justice, a mortgage deadbeat to the Dept. of Housing, and a high school dropout to the Dept. of Education.

It only makes sense.

I would like to say "UNBELIEVABLE," but I'm too honest.

This is absolutely believable because it is a DIMocRAT appointee. I understand it was a 60-34 vote. Who were the traitors this time?:mad:

On a related story, the New York Times has discovered that a former Conscientious Objector will replace Secretary of Defense Robert Gates later this year.
    Last edited by AmPat; 01-26-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

"Change we can believe in"
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I would like to say "UNBELIEVABLE," but I'm too honest.

This is absolutely believable because it is a DIMocRAT appointee. I understand it was a 60-34 vote. Who were the traitors this time?:mad:On a related story, the New York Times has discovered that a former Conscientious Objector will replace Secretary of Defense Robert Gates later this year.
    I hope we find out tomorrow!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Without research, I'm guessing at a minimum; Specter and McCain.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Thinking about it now, I guess that was a given. :mad:

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

spector did vote yes. He will NOT win reelection. He WILL go down in his next primary. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Awesome.

I fully expect them to appoint an escaped felon to the Dept. of Justice, a mortgage deadbeat to the Dept. of Housing, and a high school dropout to the Dept. of Education.

It only makes sense.
    Holder isn't an escaped felon, but he did secure a pardon for Mark Rich, who was certainly a fugitive felon.
    Charlie Rangel seems to have avoided paying taxes on rental properties, so he'd be an ideal Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
    A high school dropout has more common sense than most serious academics, so that wouldn't work. I see Bill Ayers as Secretary of Education.

Oh, anyone care to place a bet on whether Obama pardons Abu Mumia Jamal at the end of his term?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Holder isn't an escaped felon, but he did secure a pardon for Mark Rich, who was certainly a fugitive felon.
    Charlie Rangel seems to have avoided paying taxes on rental properties, so he'd be an ideal Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
    A high school dropout has more common sense than most serious academics, so that wouldn't work. I see Bill Ayers as Secretary of Education.

Oh, anyone care to place a bet on whether Obama pardons Abu Mumia Jamal at the end of his term?
    LOL end of his term??? How do you end someones term as GOD AMONG US?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.