Thread: When Fake Tans Go Bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 When Fake Tans Go Bad. 
    The future truly is orange for newly single fake tan fan Chelsy Davy
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 1:34 PM on 27th January 2009

Chelsy Davy has returned to Leeds University looking decidedly orange days after her split with Prince Harry was announced.

The 23-year-old student had applied a deep layer of fake tan - possibly to perk up her complexion following several nights of soul-searching over the collapse of her five-year romance.

A bronzed Davy smiled for the cameras after leaving her student house in Leeds to walk to class with a group of friends shortly after 9.30am.

The future is orange: A very bronzed Chelsy Davy smiled arrived at Leeds University yesterday following he split from Prince Harry.

Dressed in skintight jeans, tasselled black boots and a leather bomber jacket, she actually looked as if she was going for a night out on the town rather than a day studying law at the city's university.
    Her message seemed clear: Life after Harry goes on. The couple split following his decision to throw himself into his new career, training to be an Army Air Corps helicopter pilot.
    I think fake tans have just about jumped the shark.

Daily Mail

Oompah Loompah
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I thought Coppertone stopped making QT!

I used it once in the 70s, and had orange patches on my legs and arms. I was glad that I had a phobia about putting lotions on my face back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Oompah Loompah
    That first pic looks faked. They probably cranked up the contrast or something.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I thought Coppertone stopped making QT!

I used it once in the 70s, and had orange patches on my legs and arms. I was glad that I had a phobia about putting lotions on my face back then.
    I used the bottle tan stuff once years ago. "They" now claim that it doesn't make you orange. I'm not taking the risk. I have used the spray tans for special occasions. They are much better.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

This is why I don't even bother. I'm fair skinned, and I accept it. I'm not going to pretend that I'm tanned, and both my parents and my grandfather have had skin cancer scares, so it is just not worth it to me to try tanning

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    This is why I don't even bother. I'm fair skinned, and I accept it. I'm not going to pretend that I'm tanned, and both my parents and my grandfather have had skin cancer scares, so it is just not worth it to me to try tanning

I'm very fair, and I avoid the sun or wear serious sunblock if I'm going to be out in it. When I was a kid and a teen, though, I could take more sun without worry-at least be out for an hour or so, with a low spf sunscreen, and get an actual tan.

When I was 16, I got sun poisoning in Colorado, and I have not been able to tolerate much sun since then.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When I was 16, I got sun poisoning in Colorado, and I have not been able to tolerate much sun since then.
    That's an all too common risk out here. People badly underestimate the effects of UV at high altitudes. You can get a nasty burn here on a cloudy day. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That's an all too common risk out here. People badly underestimate the effects of UV at high altitudes. You can get a nasty burn here on a cloudy day. :(

Not to mention the distraction of being in such a beautiful place for the first time, being at a really fun camp for teens (Young Life's Frontier Ranch), and just being a stupid 16 year old.

Politically tired.
    I'm sure she's normally pretty, but yuk.