Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1 Super Collider - ooops, our math was off. 
    Senior Member GrumpyOldLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,304


    -snip-
    Three physicists have reexamined the math surrounding the creation of microscopic black holes in the Switzerland-based LHC, the world's largest particle collider, and determined that they won't simply evaporate in a millisecond as had previously been predicted.

    Story Here


    NOW they reexamine it? NOW they decide that their math was screwed up?

    NOW they decide that it really could kill us all?

    Bloody hell .... someone get these idiots to stop mucking around!!
    Last edited by Phillygirl; 01-27-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed quote tags; b/n format
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post


    -snip-
    Three physicists have reexamined the math surrounding the creation of microscopic black holes in the Switzerland-based LHC, the world's largest particle collider, and determined that they won't simply evaporate in a millisecond as had previously been predicted.

    Story Here


    NOW they reexamine it? NOW they decide that their math was screwed up?

    NOW they decide that it really could kill us all?

    Bloody hell .... someone get these idiots to stop mucking around!!

    Microscopic black holes are not that big of a deal. Their sphere of influence is on the quantum level. It isn't exactly like one is going to suck the whole earth into oblivion.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Microscopic black holes are not that big of a deal. Their sphere of influence is on the quantum level. It isn't exactly like one is going to suck the whole earth into oblivion.
    Maybe not, but is their math right on strangelets?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    what if they punch a hole in the space time continuum and something evil comes through - like Machiavelli??? THEN WHAT????
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Maybe not, but is their math right on strangelets?
    I have trouble getting worked up over a particle/phenomenon that is completely theoretical. Since it only exists in mathematical form right now I'm not sure how to answer that question. At any rate, God is in charge and what will be will be ;)

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    what if they punch a hole in the space time continuum and something evil comes through - like Machiavelli??? THEN WHAT????
    Isn't that how liberals got here??? :eek:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post


    -snip-
    Three physicists have reexamined the math surrounding the creation of microscopic black holes in the Switzerland-based LHC, the world's largest particle collider, and determined that they won't simply evaporate in a millisecond as had previously been predicted.

    Story Here


    NOW they reexamine it? NOW they decide that their math was screwed up?

    NOW they decide that it really could kill us all?

    Bloody hell .... someone get these idiots to stop mucking around!!
    It seems alarming till you realize what the supercollider does is actually happening all the time in earths atemosphere.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,370
    What am I missing? Did we die?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    With our economy, Congress and Obama, we can only hope.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Doc Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    179
    Yeah, little math error. ]Ask Dr. Freeman about little math errors.
    Last edited by Doc Savage; 01-27-2009 at 04:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •